cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase of "faulty" Marklin Train

I am buying a Marklin model train engine and it is labeled as new, but also "faulty."  What does the "faulty" indication meanj?  Does it mean that something is wrong with the unit? Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Purchase of "faulty" Marklin Train

That's a question that only your seller can answer.

And it needs to be asked BEFORE you buy.   

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@wiswil_zmtqwn1,

On the listing page in the right column just below the Seller Information header is the seller's username and feedback percentage below that is a list of actions, use the Contact seller option to ask what Faults the engine has. 

Most experienced sellers would not list an item as New but has faults. It could be a New in box item, that has a cosmetic fault, but that should have been described. 

Where you see the sellers feedback number in (  ) to the right of their username, click on that number to be taken to their Feedback Profile page. On the page that opens click on the As a seller tab, to see if the seller has done much selling, and especially if they have received feedback for model train related items.  If they have no selling feedback, or have not received any in over a year, there could be other issues if you buy from the seller.  We can tell you how to deal with them based on what you find. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If it says faulty, there is a problem.  New items can still be faulty.  Ever bought an electronic appliance and it did not work?   Do NOT buy it if you want a perfect train engine.

Next time, ask the seller the question.  You can ask them what exactly is wrong with the engine. Always ask the questions BEFORE buying.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The original listing said new without the word faulty.  The word faulty appeared only after the purchase info was submitted.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

The original listing said new without the word faulty.  The word faulty appeared only after the purchase info was submitted.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thanks to everyone for their help!!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@wiswil_zmtqwn1 

It is not possible for a seller to change the listing after a bid has been placed. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

OK, but that doesn't make any difference.  When you saw the word "faulty" appear, you should have either asked the seller to cancel, or at least asked details about that.  Did you pay already? 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

So, idle curiosity:  What's your plan? 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I had funny situation occur twice when multiple quantity items sold.

Item sells and i have 1 left, but its slightly different so i got and edit listing pictures, description.

I go to my sold items and sold listing changed as well. No clue if buyer saw that, but it was showing it like that for me at least.

Happened maybe a year ago, 2 times. Haven't tried doing that since.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

How is this related to the OP's question?  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I don't understand how the word fault appeared after you bid.  Once there is a bid, the ad gets locked and you can't edit. I am thinking you read it and then later, the seller edited and then you placed a bid after he had inserted the word faulty somewhere in the description. You can ask the seller to cancel if he has not shipped yet.   

If he shipped, wait for it to arrive and then check it out.  Can you see what the fault is? Does it run? Anyway, if the item does not match the description, open an item NOT described case.  Just writing the word "faulty" does not let the seller off the hook.  He needed to explain what the fault is.  Example. It runs . It does not run, It stalls.  The light(s) do not work. etc. 

Open an item not described case and then follow the instructions exactly.  The seller has to issue a return label.  Pack everything in the box and tape it up.  Cover or remove the old shipping label.  The seller is supposed to issue you a return shipping label.  Print it when you get it and take it to the post office.

If you don't have a printer, you can print at the local library or go to a relative's house that has a printer.

Come back here if you need help.

Do NOT close the case if the seller requests it.  If the seller is outside of the USA come here again.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply