cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help identify these 1960s 1970s vintage Barbie type clothes-this is another batch.Thank You!

Please help identify these 1960s 1970s vintage Barbie type clothes-this is another batch.Thank You!

I've searched online with no luck, no Barbie Tags. Thanks for your time looking and any info you can provide. Here's some info:

1. Top left, 2 piece light denim with red thread trim, vest & shorts, possibly Barbie little sister outfit?

2. Bottom left, thick blue knit skirt, looks like Barbie.

3. Top, sheer orange lingerie pj top with lace trim & tiny pearl button on back.

4. Middle, ribbed red sweater, looks like Barbie.

5. Middle, navy blue cotton skirt, too small for Barbie, smaller doll, it does have a torn reminant of a tag that apparently said Made In ??, so it's not handmade.

6. Top middle, bright pink vest with 4 tiny gold pearl buttons.

7. Middle, blue dress with white lace trimmed collar with black bow, looks like Barbie but the buttons seem unusual for Barbie, could be handmade but I think it's manufactured, probably Barbie clone.

8. Bottom, Red/Orange & Navy scarf, no idea.

9. Top right, pink dress, pink white green orange collar, tiny gold buttons, snaps, not handmade, white tag with red square & red letters Made In Hong Kong, apparently a Barbie Clone.

10. Right middle, pink lace trimmed pj bottoms looks very much like 1969 Talking PJ's bottoms that went with her dress, but slightly different.

11.  Right bottom,  too small for Barbie,  pink sheer white lace, tagged Made In Hong Kong.

Please let me know even if you just recognize One item. Thanks a bunch! 

PS I've done the Google Search with pictures but they are often mis-recognized as adult clothing.FFIMG-6846.jpgIMG-6847.jpgIMG-6848.jpg

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Please help identify these 1960s 1970s vintage Barbie type clothes-this is another batch.Thank Y

TBH I have never used image search. I've spent years studying and collecting Barbie and her clones, but still consider myself an interested amateur.  No one will ever be able to pinpoint all of them but I've run across enough of them that I can either remember them or pick out qualities of construction that lead me down the right road in IDing them.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Re: Please help identify these 1960s 1970s vintage Barbie type clothes-this is another batch.Thank Y

Definitely an EXPERT, no question!

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Great, I actually have the navy coat to this set but I didn't think they went together because the coat is so much wider/bigger than the skirt. Good to know. Thank you!

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Justy want to say that I'm sorry to you when it turns out that I have another piece to the outfit, because I realize it would have been so much easier for you to identify with both pieces together had I known they were a set! I try not to overwhelm with my requests so with the striped pants clone outfit, the pants were a bit ragged and appeared totally homemade and didn't match the top color, which I thought was a dress, so I didn't bother asking for ID of the pants. Can't believe you found it with just the pink top. Also very surprising you id'd the small navy skirt without the matching navy jacket to go by. I love your insight. Thanks!

Message 20 of 20
latest reply