cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Selling Stamps

Today I was rifling through headlines and a 2021 Bugs Bunny Stamp ad showed up with Walmart as the source.  What in the world does this have to do with Walmart I asked.  After clicking on the ad I was amazed to see Walmart has a Postage Stamp Category.   What further amazed me was the selection of stamps and the fantastic bargains.  For instance:

Frogs Forever Postage Stamps US First Class Postage 5 Books Total of 100 Stamps  $32.99

Fruit and Vegetables Postage Stamps 5 Booklets of 20 (100 Stamps)  $31.99

Holiday Wreaths 5 Book of 20 Forever Stamps Christmas Tradition Celebration (100 Stamps)  $31.99

U.S. Flag 2 Roll of 100 USPS Forever First Class Postage Stamps 2018  $59.95

Great Deals Right!   One may ask how can the stamps be so cheap and Who in the world  would sell at such prices?
If you answered China as the source you would be correct.
Walmart obviously imports massive quantities of goods from China to sell on their website.  Why Not Stamps?
To be fair there seems to be some legitimate sellers on the site, but it's obvious the bargains are from China the Counterfeit capital. 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Walmart Selling Stamps

Legitimate Sellers should be worried about these types of Sales that are expanding from China occurring daily on eBay.

bobdenneu_0-1656853812114.jpeg

Winning bid:
$39.00
Shipping:
FREE Standard Shipping from outside

View Best Answer in original post

Message 23 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Walmart Selling Stamps

One would hope that the Postal Inspection Service would shut this massive public sale of counterfeits down fast. But one's hopes are often dashed. And send the WALMART executive(s) who were involved to trial.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

Walmart stores have sold stamps for years and always paid the regular price.

I've never checked their site though.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

Mouse over the URL for the site selling the stamps. I'm guessing it's not really Walmart. 

Here's an example from last June of a similar scam that I'd posted on the Fashion board. 

Those items were NOT for sale by Macy's. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Handbags/Beware-of-another-online-scam/m-p/31931814

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

The listings can be reached via Walmart.com.   Go to their website Choose Departments.  Select Office Supplies.  Select Envelopes and Mailing Supplies.  Select Postage Stamps.  You are there.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

More Deals on Walmart's website from China that will destroy legitimate sellers and stamp prices.  

Bonsai Tree 5 Booklets Pane of 20 Forever Stamps Total 100 Stamps  $32.99

2019 First-Class Forever Stamp - Cactus Flowers (100 Stamps)  $32.99

These prices would be fantastic if they weren't counterfeit.  I've been wanting these stamp for years but now have seen prices erode because of dumping.  It seems that the Chinese counterfeiters are eyeballing past stamp issues that have a premium price.
 Any stamp seller on eBay should be worried about destruction of prices. 

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

Interestng, I was unawre of this.

Thank you!

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

I assume someone here has already contacted the USPS to report the situation. Or, how many people have bought $100 of postage from Walmart? LOL

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

As with venue like Amazon and eBay, Walmart offers their web presence to other vendors. In this case the vendors are selling the forgeries that are rife on eBay. Walmart just isn't doing enough to keep them off and eventually they are likely to get bitten by it.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2022/01/07/fake-vs-real-stamps-usps-counterfeit-disc...

Scams can be reported at 877-876-2455 and www.uspis.gov/report.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

A few years ago I received an eBay lot that was mailed with this “stamp” on the cover—

20220502_232642.jpg

Someone took the enormous trouble to cut out the Liberty indicia from a postcard, pare the card down to paper thickness, perforate it then apply it to this cover.  (You can see that the perfs are not in an exactly straight line and are smaller and closer together than USPS perforations.)  Gain: 3 cents.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

I called the phone # provided.   They weren't too concerned.  They said file a report Have a Happy Day.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

Ebay has some too. 234537568042

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

There are hundreds...Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 21-13-51 U.S. FLAG 2019_2018 USPS FIRST-CLASS RATE STAMPS ONE ROLL OF 100 eBay.png

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Walmart Selling Stamps

All of that work for a 3 cent stamp.  VERY DUMB, lol

Message 15 of 27
latest reply