cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in a Name?

C'mon kids, it will be like deja vu all over again.

1. Who are you and what have you done with trollmama? ( I'm mountaingigi, poster extraordinaire)
  2. Stole the troll? What is going on here? ( I changed my user name)
  3. Could be a kidnapping. Let's see if there's a ransom demand from "mountaingigi" (there is - one million smackeroos).
  4. OK.  The ransom demand is in.  Happily, it doesn't specify the currency, so if we send 1,000,000 in Guinean Francs, it'll set us back only about a hundred and ten bucks.  (it's been changed to smackeroos)
  5. We can get back to OP when OP gets back to us.  Without photos of the bottom and the mark, we're at a standstill.  In the meantime, we have some fun and it keeps the thread towards the top.  Win-win, as they say. (bring back the fun)

Okay Argon, bring on the ransom note. I'll take the $110 to make Maxine happy, and Sonoma can tell us why he/she/it did a name change.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: What's in a Name?

Talk about an inside joke ... this thread will be it.
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

@mountaingigi wrote:
bring back the fun

Amen.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

"...he, she, it..."

Really? I'm here because I know a boatload about art & antiques and like to share what I know and I get reduced to ...he,she, it...? Really? Must be about Spring Break time for me.

Watercolor not a painting?

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Had I known it couldn't be done, I would not have asked the mod to move our remarks to a new thread. Instead, they were deleted. Now I'm sorry I asked, but I didn't know if the OP would be offended with our hijacking.  Smiley Sad

Perhaps I'll take this opportunity to share a few things, which I've been meaning to do anyway.

Stay tuned.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I'm wondering if I should maybe take the plunge, be adventurous and change my name to argon39.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

You could get really crazy and do 38 1/4 (or 38.25). Work your way up in increments.
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I'll be sharing a watercolor here soon, that I think you'll enjoy ... and I won't be calling it a painting.
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Actually, I'm not going to post that here. I'm going to let this thread die a natural death. Sorry I spoiled all the fun in the other one.

Thanks to you and Argon and Maxine - we'll always have Paris.
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@mountaingigi wrote:
Actually, I'm not going to post that here.

Just as well, it would've been off-topic grinning

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

I don't know why I included it as a choice ... I'm sorry.
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Well, I have no clue what's going on (which is fairly usual), but it sounds like it was fun!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

must have been a tempest in a teapot

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

what if it was a teapot in a tempest?

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

you better duck!  don't want to be clobbered by a teapot

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 15 of 32
latest reply