cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

I think this might be a great place to kinda land and connect with a some friends.

@coastaltechsolution 

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

@downunder-61 

Can you please invite some folks to come and post and bring some snacks?  I think I will just keep 2 screens open and coastal picked the name of this place - "dingy falls"........so when ya need a little respite, please let me know to "dingy" and I will dingy over!

Katz

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 8,716
latest reply
8,715 REPLIES 8,715

Re: Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

@policequilts 

Not much going on here, I love looking at your flowers though and we wish I could have some like that. I have oleanders and roses that's it. It's really beautiful here today, perfect temp in the 80s but it won't last soon the beast of summer will rear its ugly head. 

Message 8701 of 8,716
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 Wish we lived near you.  We are constantly picking up free items on the side of the road.  We sell them at the big antique extravaganza in September.  There are just tons of people looking for project pieces for cheap prices.  Getting the item for free and then selling for $20 or less is just free money!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8702 of 8,716
latest reply

@policequilts Yep, I'm busy.  The extravaganza is coming up next weekend and I have been pulling out all the 'best' stuff for the show.  The trailer is loaded and ready to go.  I have also been stocking my booth at the antique mall every Monday.  Next week I will be baking because I sell baked goods at this show too.

We pick up daughter from college this weekend.  Our peace and quiet will be gone!  She will be helping me with the extravaganza because hubby has the National Restaurant Association show on the same weekend.  Then she will be looking for a job.

Message 8703 of 8,716
latest reply

Busy day.

Was able to finish one client's gardens. 16 hours worth of work.

Then I mowed my lawn.

Then I had to change out the front tires of the lawn mower.

Then I mowed down at the farm.

I made a trip to 2 greenhouses to purchase plants for my victorian home client.

Monday, I have gardening to do and she should be done for a while.

Milo is so scabby and lost fur. He has been in fights.

I noticed my cats have been **bleep** footin' around.
I think they are doing something special for me for tomorrow.

Then again, I think I will be weeding my gardens.

Message 8704 of 8,716
latest reply

@policequilts Well. those shoes would be easier to shake the stuff out of, but likely on the terrain that I am working would let a lot in along with me ending up on my side, or backside in some areas. That would be an unwanted "adventure".

Message 8705 of 8,716
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy  I have gotten good at driving on by things side the road.  I am working on things going the other way.

Guy is supposed to stop by to get some roof flashing that he is buying and pick up some other free stuff that I have worked on a bit at stacking up.  Not as much out as I would like. Got sidelined for a few days and made little progress.

Some scrap. Some fishing stuff. Snowmobile cover. Ash trays. Flashlight. Handheld electronic blackjack game. Snowblower engine. 2 new hardcover books. Chunk of new rug. Chunk of used rug. Chunk of lead.

So much to get rid of, but I look at things, and think "I may need that".

Some dogwood in bloom here as well as ground cover flowers. Soon there will be some apple blossoms. May have to mow soon. 

Chips are snagging grapes and sunflower seeds as fast as I can put them out. At least one chip will stay on the deck as I "make it rain" seeds.

One hen turkey was working it hard under the bird feeder yesterday for a while. Then it wandered around the yard a bit before heading into the northwest woods. Bambi has been back to chomp on some of the tender day lilies that are growing in the back.

Message 8706 of 8,716
latest reply

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Dottie, Ellie Mae and Fletcher  tried making me breakfast, but they couldn't. They were all paws.

I was in the kitchen waiting for the microwave to finish and what do I see. . .

*  THAT WOOD CHUCK coming across the back part of the house.

*  Opened the window and scared him.

*  Then I had to go out to feed Milo. I walked to the back of the garage and started around it . . .

there is the wood chuck trying to move the large rocks that I placed when he made a squeeze hole.

He couldn't get far. So I got the spices out and covered the rock area.

*  Since I knew he was out of the back of the garage, I opened up the door to get to my water buckets and pulled them out.  I sprinkled oregano and thyme in the back. I read that was suppose to keep them at bay. Closed and laid down the protection along the bottom of the door.

Message 8707 of 8,716
latest reply

Some garden delights.

Burgundy, white and pea green trilliums and Jack in the Pulpits.

DSC03311 (640x601).jpgDSC03337 (640x480).jpgDSC03333 (640x480).jpg

Jacob's Ladder with creeping phlox in the background, Lilies of the valley, wild geranium and lupine just starting to bloom.

DSC03314 (640x480).jpgDSC03340 (640x480).jpgDSC03335 (640x480).jpg

Alluim and flax and bachelor buttons.

DSC03330 (640x550).jpgDSC03339 (640x480).jpg

Fletcher keeping watch over my territory.

DSC03309 (640x480).jpg

Dottie keeping the borders safe.

DSC03323 (640x480).jpg

Message 8708 of 8,716
latest reply

@policequilts I have visions of your wood chuck wearing a face mask next time you look out.

buyselljack2016_0-1715529424100.jpeg

Message 8709 of 8,716
latest reply

evry1nositswindy_0-1715531255078.jpeg

Thinking of you @katzrul15 .  Happy Mother's Day to all!

Message 8710 of 8,716
latest reply

@katzrul15 

Happy moms day, I know that's everyday for sure!

@evry1nositswindy 

Windy, how did the extravaganza go? I found a piece on Friday that I never ran across in the wild before. It is a blue turquoise FireKing batter bowl circa 40s early 50s. I have the jadeite one but the blue? One is listed for over $400, one sold for $ 280ish. They are rare and hard to obtain.

Message 8711 of 8,716
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

evry1nositswindy_0-1715531255078.jpeg

Thinking of you @katzrul15 .  Happy Mother's Day to all!

Thanks @evry1nositswindy 

My son is working today due to a tennis tournament,  Hopefully, we catch up a little this week!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.  Our weather has been so off....still no flowers due to cold/unusual weather for May.  Hoping soon!

The feral puddah (crosby aka crozzie snots) had a gift for me.  A shredded full/new roll of paper towels.   Ugh!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8712 of 8,716
latest reply

2 local area resident geese flew by again today. Did not see them but did hear them as I was out feeding the groundcrew.  They were coming in low and made the turn likely over the neighbor's property to get back to wherever they are hanging out.

Counted 7 chips as I was filling the bird feeder. I put out 8 grapes. hopefully they shared.

Crows got chicken bones. Weird stuff.  I was looking out the garage door while doing some other stuff.  A crow was on the neighbors' lawn and worked its way back to the shoulder of the road. It appeared to regurgitate something white (sorry, no pics) and backed off.

It then approached that spot and jumped back 2-3 times. Car was passing, so it moved off under the guardrail, and then back for another look once again jumping back.  Vehicle came by on the closer side, and it moved off without grabbing another treat.

That was some time ago. I can see out the window that not all the bones are gone, but just heard some caws. Perhaps it will get cleaned up. One working the road, and a lookout atop a tree.

Cool out today. I gathered up more stuff for my scrapper. Some working stuff. Electric staple gun. Hair clippers.  Music cds in a case. Knick knacks.  Some old hand tools. Some used vintage auto parts from when I had my 40's-50's Chrysler Corp vehicles.

Hope he shows tomorrow. I've made a big mess in the garage pulling down boxes of stuff from the shelves.

Message 8713 of 8,716
latest reply

@katzrul15     

The extravaganza is this coming weekend.  I'm ready.  Hopefully my eye will hold out.  I had problems over Mother's Day weekend and had an emergency appointment this morning.  I have a retinal hemorrhage.  I have to go back next Monday.  He is monitoring it.  It could the the start of retinal detachment or it could heal on its own.  Hurry up and wait!

Message 8714 of 8,716
latest reply

It's quiet here again. 😄

We have been having some very nice days for outside work.

So far, I have 3 client's gardening done.

I am presently working on the 4th one. This is the client that I did a makeover of the woods.

I have all the gardens surrounding the house weeded. I even cleaned out the waterfall waterways of green slime.

Just started to weed the woods, but a bit p ooped out.

I quick ripped out the tickweed vines. that stuff is getting ready to leave seeds. ( The ones that stick to you like burdock, but smaller and lots more )

I received 50 replacement arborvitae trees to plant.  Suppose to be some rain this coming week and hopefully will water in the trees more.

Message 8715 of 8,716
latest reply