cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Identifying Sterling Flatware Pattern

Can someone tell me what company/pattern this sterling steak knife handle is.  Handle is only marked with "Sterling".

IMG_4012.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Is there any hallmark? There are thousands of patterns, and one needs a starting place in order to identify without just going through the book pattern by pattern.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Unfortunately, no hallmark anywhere... just the "Sterling" mark.  What complicates matters it it looks like the original steak blades were replaced as none (of the six I have) of the new blades fits snuggly into the handle... there is about a 1/8 to 1/16 gap.  The new blades to say "Stainless Steel... Blade Made In Sheffield England."

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If blades have been replaced, then value has been reduced considerably, and may only be worth scrap silver value, and there really is very little actual sterling silver because handles are hollow. If blades are original and Sheffield England if the original maker, then a more complete English hallmark would be needed. Either way, identification becomes difficult. I have a older English hallmarked knife in front of me right now that I have been working on id'ing for a couple of months, and I still don't know who made it. Good luck.

jk

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much for your help.  My instinct is to remove the knife blades and sell the sterling.  Lots of YouTube videos on how to safely remove the blades.

Thanks again for your help.

Ken

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, that is what I would do.  No problem.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

A very pretty pattern.  Simplistic, but elegant. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

replacements dot com has a huge inventory of flatware... it's possible you could identify the pattern by doing some searching on there...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply