cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping rates gouging

I'm in the market for a plastic used toy. The toy seems to be selling for $21.00 to $60.00 depending on condition of the toy. The question is why would about half the sellers of this item charge $100 and over for shipping. I was a seller too and this item would cost ,worst case senario, about $19.00 to $29.00. Half of the sellers of this item on right on the mark but the other half are trying to make a fortune with the shipping rates. Obviously I would never to do business with these sellers but I am wondering if they are charging those rates on shipping to avoid Ebay fees?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: shipping rates gouging

eBay is actually doing quite well. Sellers are working for them and making them a lot of money. 
over 800.00 has run through my account. I’ve made under 300.00. 
So, I really need to evaluate the situation a bit more. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

eBay charges fees on the total, item price plus shipping. So that does a seller no good.   Could you tell us the size and weight of it?  Shipping goes by both and light weight but over size can be very expensive. 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply