cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping options for new listings

Hi - I usually create new listings for sale once a week.  Today I started creating this week's work and find the choices/formatting for shipping offerings to customers is completely different.  I used to be able to enter package weight and dimensions then offer specific choices such as USPS First Class - or - USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail - or - USPS Priority Mail Express - all buyer pays, cost choices always automatically calculated to their mailing address from mine....

Now there's a drop down menu set of options of:

View Shipping Policy

Edit Policy

Create Shipping Policy

which give me a clunky set of options, and once chosen - do not seem to facilitate clear offerings of shipping choices to a buyer.....

Any clarity or help would be appreciated.  I've scoured the available resources and see no explanation of the changes nor can I figure out what these options end up offering to buyers...

..........sure can't do any listings without understanding the shipping offers!

Heeeelllllllllllpppppp

thanks

~ Cindy

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: shipping options for new listings

Try checking your "business policies" for shipping

If you are using them (either bydefault or accidentally) , you can 'opt out' by clicking that option near the top on the right (small text)

then the shipping options you are used to should be available when you list.

https://www.ebay.com/bp/policyoptin

(not positive if this link will work for you)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Try checking your "business policies" for shipping

If you are using them (either bydefault or accidentally) , you can 'opt out' by clicking that option near the top on the right (small text)

then the shipping options you are used to should be available when you list.

https://www.ebay.com/bp/policyoptin

(not positive if this link will work for you)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Monica -

THANK YOU

Sorry for yelling especially so early in the morning - but I would **never ever** have figured that out.

You just made my life SO much better 

[insert dancing flowers, boxes of candy, fountains of wine - and many many thanks]

Cindy - PS the link worked.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

good....glad to help

going forward, business policies are a great timesaver...but there is a learning curve

(I am still learning) hahaha.....I use them on 1 account that sells pretty much similar items from listing to listing

but I am opted out on my casual listing accounts

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello!  I took the advise above, found the business policy area, then shipping, and chose opt out.  I then tried to edit a couple listed items to get them back to the Calculated Shipping option, but no dice.  Not even on a listing that is Scheduled. The options I've been shown have been Standard Service (which appears to be 1st Class), then something called Freight where even something weighing 1lb 1oz must be rounded up to 2lbs, then irregular package.  No option for USPS, UPS or anything else. Do I need to try to figure out how to select my options from the Business Policy page - which looked confusing, btw?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply