cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping from address on eBay label is wrong

My shipping label has my old address as the shipping from address.  I corrected it already in my eBay personal profile section, but the shipping label has already been printed out with my old shipping from address.

The buyer address is correct.  Can I just send the package anyway?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Without knowing the zip code of your previous address/your current address and the address of the buyer... have you evaluated if the actual shipping cost is correct?

I ask because I may want to void the label and reprint it correctly... although I think it could be used, to your question. 🤔

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Next time you print a label check before you print as you might have to change your address right on the label. Once you do that, it should stay like that.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I was able to correct the shipping label, it's all good now.  📬  👽

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I was able to correct the "shipping from" address label, it's all good now.  🏀 💾 📬

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If the buyer address is correct, you may still send the package. However, it's essential to ensure that the old shipping from address does not cause any issues with the delivery process. Here are a few steps you can take:

1. Notify the Buyer: It's a good idea to inform the buyer about the situation and reassure them that the correct shipping address is listed for delivery.

2. Contact the Shipping Carrier: Reach out to the shipping carrier (e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx) to inform them of the discrepancy in the shipping from address. They may provide guidance on how to proceed or offer assistance in updating the information.

3. Attach a Note: Include a note inside the package addressed to the shipping carrier, explaining the situation and providing the correct shipping from address. This can help expedite the process and ensure that the package reaches its intended destination without delays.

4. Monitor Tracking: Keep an eye on the package's tracking information to ensure it is moving smoothly through the delivery process. If you notice any issues or delays, contact the shipping carrier for assistance.

By taking these steps, you can minimize the chances of any complications arising from the incorrect shipping from address and ensure that the package reaches the buyer successfully.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@woodrowmo-30 wrote:

If the buyer address is correct, you may still send the package. However, it's essential to ensure that the old shipping from address does not cause any issues with the delivery process. Here are a few steps you can take:

1. Notify the Buyer: It's a good idea to inform the buyer about the situation and reassure them that the correct shipping address is listed for delivery.

Bad idea, the buyer does not need to know any of this, there is nothin g they can do about it except get in needless panic

2. Contact the Shipping Carrier: Reach out to the shipping carrier (e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx) to inform them of the discrepancy in the shipping from address. They may provide guidance on how to proceed or offer assistance in updating the information.

Completely pointless

3. Attach a Note: Include a note inside the package addressed to the shipping carrier, explaining the situation and providing the correct shipping from address. This can help expedite the process and ensure that the package reaches its intended destination without delays.

No carrier is ever going open a domestic package

4. Monitor Tracking: Keep an eye on the package's tracking information to ensure it is moving smoothly through the delivery process. If you notice any issues or delays, contact the shipping carrier for assistance.

The only issue that could arise is the one thing you didn't mention. That is the SHIP FROM Zip Code used on the incorrect return address. If it is in a different zone than where the package is handed over the amount paid for shipping (anything other than Media Mail) could be higher or lower than it should be, If it is over one might get a credit from USPS If it is underpaid you might get a supplementary charge from USPS or worst case the package will arrive postage due which rarely goes over well will buyers.

By taking these steps, you can minimize the chances of any complications arising from the incorrect shipping from address and ensure that the package reaches the buyer successfully.

The only other potential problem is if the delivery fails (invalid delivery address or refused), in that situation  the package will be returned to the address shown on the package which in the OP's case is no longer where they are located (invalid/refused doesn't happen often so very low risk of that possible issue).

Message 7 of 7
latest reply