cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller made mistake then was rude and nasty

I won an item bidding. was the only bidder. Received tracking number for four days nothing showed up in the system at the post office.  contacted the post office and im waiting for another item that is 3 days late. she told me this one might be a scam. contacted seller told me she would get back to me next day. she did and said one tracking number was off. I checked and 7 numbers were off so i told her thanks a lot i have to apologize to the post office and that she owed me an apologie. She said she owes me nothing that she only made four dollars from me and not to buy from her anymore. I told her no problem i wasnt plan on buying from her anymore, and that she should of started the bidding process higher if she is complaing how much she made. like i said i was the only one that bid. I also told her she is not getting a good review and that she was rude and nasty. she said she was giving me a bad review. i told her good luck with that i already complained to ebay and they agreed and saw all the emails. she was rude, unproffessional, etc. etc. I like to know how she got her 100. I can not believe im the only one this has happened to do. i was very nice and just asked if she could check the tracking number, which she gave me was wrong. and she should apologize for wasting 2-3 days of me checking the status contacting the post office, etc. and she is boo hooing to me. then tells me not to buy from her anymore, and tells me she is giving me a bad review. really wow. im really disgusted and annoyed. what is she going to give me a bad review for. paying so quickly. some people what happened to common desency. unbelievable, im waiting for package and ebay has already told me if i dont get it buy this certain date. to let them know and i will get my money back which i knew i can do but that is not the point. well she is reported by and to ebay but buyers dont see it and thats a shame. 

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Don't sweat it. She can not give you a neg, buyers can only recieve possitive feedback.

Wait until the estimated delivery time is past and file an INR to get a refund.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

Perhaps you didn't know this:  There is absolutely no reason to engage in a back and forth discussion with a seller.

You wait for the arrival of your item which should occur within a few days past its estimated delivery date.  You do not need to contact the seller.  Just open the item not received case and escalate it four days later.

How about reading eBay's Money Back Guarantee?  

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

Good advice about the back and forth.

Another piece of advice (From me) is for some buyers to stop obsessing about timing, tracking, where is is it?  OMG it hasn't been scanned!

Sellers have no control or input as to how the USPS conducts business (Or does not)    

My mother taught me:  "A watched pot will never boil"

Ebay's Money back guarantee has the back of every buyer on here that does not get their item.

Stop watching.    Go outside.    

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

Demanding an apology from someone for a mistake will never turn out well.

I agree you probably should apologize to the post office and it has nothing to do with this seller but because you are calling about packages that are a few days late...we are in a pandemic delivery is slower than usual taking up their time with this on the phone is unnecessary.  I recommend signing up for informed delivery it will show you all packages coming to your address. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

I just took delivery of a package that hadn't been scanned since July 3rd.

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

I have already made my complaints. thanks

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

excuse me you give a tracking number for a reason. there was no infor for about 3 days and per the post office who thought it was a scam i contacted her to confirm the tracking number. if you feel i did something wrong. i guess your entitled to your opinion. my money, i will always track and if there is a problem i will always contact the seller. im nice about it. i dont accuse or make assupotions.

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

again maybe it is a gift. im sorry you feel that way. regardless of the money back guarantee, I can and will track if i want to. there are alot of package thiefs scams. I will and can exercsie my right. simple this is still america after all

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

wow. this has been going on since the end of april. maybe company including the post office should not give dates and or times.

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

you are so correct about the obsession of having the item right now!

If a buyer expects 24 to 48 service, they best just go to the store and get what they need.

Amazon created this though process, but people don't understand that Amazon has locations all over the U.S. and members pay a yearly fee to get quick delivery.

With Covid-19, I believe eBay was not going to punish late shipments / deliveries. I think much of that is because USPS is having trouble getting employees to work and trying to train new employees who care about the job and not just a paycheck.

The day after Labor Day, my mail did not show up until after 8 p.m.
Message 11 of 46
latest reply

As I've been dragged kicking and screaming into my mid sixties,   One of my resolutions to lower my stress level and stop hitting the panic button over every little thing?     If I can't change it,   If I can't affect the out come,   It I have no control over it,    Ignore it.

I understand the human desire to receive something ASAP.     I don't understand the need to trace the movement of a package from hither to dither.    If you can change it,   Why watch it?     Seems like a small waste of time and energy.    It ain't a problem till it's a problem.   But that's just me.

Your mileage may vary.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

All this over a mistyped tracking number?

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

I have a couple of items this week where a Seller forgot to ship and one did not upload the tracking number. This happens every month. Al I do is just remind them if they have shipped yet. And then I keep a eye on it with my informed delivery. 

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

well im in my mid 50s and i prefer to track. thats why they give it. to each his own. i dont want my packages left outside for someone to steal but thats just me

Message 15 of 46
latest reply