cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"RESCHEDULED TO NEXT DELIVERY DAY": Should I worry?

I sold an item for $665. It's my first sale on  eBay. I've been checking in on the tracking number to make sure everything's going smoothly. it was supposedly delivered on the 23rd but I guess the buyer wasn't there to sign it, so they rescheduled it for delivery "on the next day" and that's it.

Here's the last few updates:

• Sep 23, 2021
  • 7:12pm
  • RESCHEDULED TO NEXT DELIVERY DAY
  • SEATTLE, WA #####
  • Sep 23, 2021
  • 6:27am
  • OUT FOR DELIVERY
  • SEATTLE, WA #####
  • Sep 23, 2021
  • 6:16am
  • ARRIVAL AT UNIT
  • SEATTLE, WA #####

After that there's nothing. It's been five days already. The thing is, I don't get payed until it's marked as delivered. Is this a possible scam? Should I worry at all?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: "RESCHEDULED TO NEXT DELIVERY DAY": Should I worry?

If you are worried, do not call the USPS main number, you will wait 100 years on the phone. Call the PO where the package is suppose to be delivered. They will be able to possibly tell you what is going on. Last year I had many packages being extra late with USPS. My best bet was to call the PO where the package was going to be delivered. 

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Normally this is no problem at all. The recipient was not home for signature so they attempt delivery the next day. So try not to worry.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

If you have to contact the PO where the package is, you may get many post offices in that area if it is a big area. You narrow that down with zip code. If you get the wrong PO they usually can tell you where the right one will be and give you their number.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 

Where do you find PO's phone numbers?

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@chevy_327 wrote:

@lepke1979 

Does it really work to call USPS? I've tried a couple times and it just rings and rings. Never had anyone answer.

Yeah. Some post offices are better than others. But have been able to successfully call. But yeah, have had more than a few never answer. Just luck of whichever office you need to deal with.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply