cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international shipping turned off for some of same type product... why ??

they are in the same category. 

tupperware products    

i have someone asking why i wont ship to them and i cannot tell them why....

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: international shipping turned off for some of same type product... why ??

I have had a similar issue on some of my items now for 4 months or more. I had to add a USPS First Class International option to them. The kicker is that when the buyer pays and I go to print the label it shows EIS! Makes no sense at all. I never changed anything in my setting when I was switched over from Global.....and it has never worked right since. I used to sell 3-4 items a week on Global....now I am lucky to do 2-3 a month. There is something just plain wrong with it and I do not feel it is anything the sellers did.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I looked at your Flip Lid Tumbler and see many excluded locations. Where is the user located?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

New South Wales, Australia 

and that also brings me to part of my question. It looks like this one is not eligible for international shipping… but others are? Why is that? And how can I revise these listings to include international??

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

tupperware item

excludes.jpg

 You may have exclusions in the individual listings.

eIS does not override individual country restrictions.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Another with the exclusions in that listing set up a bit differently.

Not sure if you can edit 50 + tupperware  country shipping exclusions in bulk, or if they need to be done  one by one.

excludes 2.jpg

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

As an aside:

Those items cannot be shipped USPS First Class.

USPS First Class is now only for letters, and large envelopes (aka flats) 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I understand. But it does show up as an option in eBay. And it automatically converts to ground advantage anyway, so….

the issue is why are so many countries being excluded on some of my listings when I am enrolled in the international shipping program ??

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I’ve never seen the amount of exclusions that some of your EIS listings have so there may be a problem with the exclusions.   Are you using business policies or entering the info into each new listing?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

not entering in separately. I suspect it is a Tupperware product thing where they have asked eBay to not allow certain sales. And eBay is okay with this. My guess.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I have had a similar issue on some of my items now for 4 months or more. I had to add a USPS First Class International option to them. The kicker is that when the buyer pays and I go to print the label it shows EIS! Makes no sense at all. I never changed anything in my setting when I was switched over from Global.....and it has never worked right since. I used to sell 3-4 items a week on Global....now I am lucky to do 2-3 a month. There is something just plain wrong with it and I do not feel it is anything the sellers did.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thank you. I may have to do that. I suspect I will have to go into business policies and add it ??  

confusing. And here I thought I had it all figured out….

so, did you add this new 1st class international label to ALL of your potential international sales ??or just cert ones that popped up for you? Did it allow domestic 1st class sales to happen as well as international??  Just wondering. 

so much more work….

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Although many will not agree, having 'business policies' for shipping in the first place is NOTHING but a disaster and has been for numerous members coming to this forum having issues. 

I have NEVER used policies. 

I have 600+ listings (never ending, all new) 

I can easily 'bulk' edit all listings, which I did by check-marking ALL items and changing 1st Class and Priority to Ground Advantage because there was no weight limitations like 1st Class had (under 16oz) as well as it was cheaper, even after I found boxes for $1 a piece to fit the various items I ship (needed 6 sizes). 

Then, I 'bulk' edited ALL items OVER $100 to EXCLUDE all 216 countries when EIS started.

I then 'bulk' edited all items to NOT exclude once I understood how EIS worked (and it was proven that THEY do, in fact, refund buyers using it and I don't have to pay for 'returns')

I also 'bulk' edited items, by the box size that I would be providing, so the 'dimensions and weight were accurate for EIS. 

Moral of this story is: I can 'bulk' edit easily and when people use Business Policies, it seems to NOT work with various edits, wants, EIS etc. 

So, I would simply 'remove' ALL policies for shipping (if possible) 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If you’re using business policies than you should check the listings for those policies.  They may be using the same policy or policies.  I am  sure that it is your policies and not eBay that has  put in those exclusions. 

In some cases EIS does restrict items for specific countries but they  don’t show the country as excluded.  They do show shipping as non specified.   In those situations it would be EIS but since the country is actually excluded it isn’t the EIS.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thank you and everyone here. I did have to change business policies and moved from multiple ones into my default and now I should be ok. Rather a pain in the butt, but so it goes. 

thanks all.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply