cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay standard envelope

how do i set my listings so that ebay standard envelope shipping is available but once the buyer goes over the limits it switches to a standard shipping.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: ebay standard envelope

Just ship them separately until it would cost as much as first class. When it does, just print it first class instead of standard envelope. You don't have to ship the advertised service as long as it's the same carrier and is an upgrade. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you talking about a card going over $20 in auction or combined shipping?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay doesn’t have a way to do that unless you set up rate tables.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It is when the total price goes over $20 or the quantity goes over three cards.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Just ship them separately until it would cost as much as first class. When it does, just print it first class instead of standard envelope. You don't have to ship the advertised service as long as it's the same carrier and is an upgrade. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

"Just ship them separately until it would cost as much as first class. When it does, just print it first class instead of standard envelope. You don't have to ship the advertised service as long as it's the same carrier and is an upgrade. "

But here's still the problem (and I have the same problem as the original poster)... How do you uncombine the order?

Example:  Buyer buys 4 cards, each under $20, and the seller offers combined shipping so the buyer pays $0.53 for standard envelope for all 4 cards... Seller looks at shipping options, sees that standard envelope was chosen by the buyer but seller cannot click on it (it's grayed out)... There is no option that I see to uncombine the order so that the seller can ship these in separate standard envelopes...

I tried explaining this as best I can and I would love someone to tell me how this can be done... Thanks in advance 🙂

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Have found using eBay seller hub ON THE COMPUTER to have many more options that mobile app does not.

Suggest getting onto a computer to separate any of these combine listings. Typically I've noticed the following when using the mobile application:
1. Despite having eBay standard shipping available on your listing, eBay app will only show USPS and other standard shipping rates...I've never been able to purchase an eBay standard shipping label via the mobile app.

2. By using your computer and getting onto your seller hub portion of the account, you will be able to deselect listings that are automatically combined for shipping.

Best!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The system only allows you to put 3 oz in a package. If you put the weight higher than that or if the value of the cards is more than $20 the system automatically kicks you up. You only have to combine the cards and reset the weight to less than 3 oz for it to work.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Change the weight to 3 oz or less

Message 9 of 9
latest reply