cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope issues

I have gotten into selling low end sports cards for about the past year now. I have been using the standard envelope with minimal issues but recently I have been starting to get quite a few shipments with no updated tracking. I’ve always shipped singles using the same method with card in penny sleeve, toploader and a piece of painters tape over the top. I only ship 2 cards in top loaders at most in one envelope and weight Is never above 2oz. I have tried both my local post office drop box and another one out of town near my work.  Has anyone else been having the same issues?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@quickblitzhitz 

Have your buyers filed any INR cases against you?  If not, no problem.

Sometimes, I receive only the initial scan, plus the "Delivered" scan -- and nothing in between.

For best possible service, you should be dropping off your ESEs in the "Metered Mail" slots inside the lobbies of most post offices -- just dropping the ESEs off in the USPS "blue-boxes" is no guarantee that the ESEs will receive the initial scan -- or ANY additional scans.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I would say about 30% never scan for delivery and have had about 7-10 returns filled for never received which isn’t the end of the world because they are low value but compared to almost a year with 2-3 returns seems like a large spike

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I've had the same issue recently and a  buyer left a neutral review as a result saying I never shipped out the card. Very frustrating and I hope I don't get more negative reviews from it. I don't know what the solution is as the post office says they cannot track the envelope since it is not a "real" tracking number. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I send a lot of these and some don't get any scans, some never get marked delivered (which for these doesn't actually mean delivered, just sent from the sort center to the destination post office).

I do recommend that you ditch the toploader and only ship in a penny sleeve. The toploader is too rigid.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I use both top loaders & semi-rigids, depends on how many cards being shipped. Problems with no scans occur with both. They both are less the 1/4" limit so that's not a problem.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@goodnu9 

"They both are less the 1/4" limit so that's not a problem."

While thickness may not be an issue, excess rigidity IS an issue -- if the ESE can not RAPIDLY speed through the high-speed, automatic sorting rollers, than the ESE will be kicked out, and generally re-assigned by USPS as "nonmachinable," and charged a higher postal rate, which is often passed along to the buyer -- never a good idea.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Both ends of the envelopes are flexible so the machines are able to grab onto them and pull them thru. They are not coming back as "Non-Machinable Postage Due".  Matter of that, some not showing scanned by the PO, buyers have left me positive feedback!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply