cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay shipping labels FedEx fee is double

Anyone else having trouble with oversized FedEx package shipping fee?  My buyer paid double the actual fee. I refunded the amount and sent an apology.  I called eBay and the representative was not from the USA.  As near as I could understand she found no explanation for the discrepancy except my buyer was paying retail as if he walked into a FedEx store rather than our eBay discounted rate.  Very upsetting because if buyers see such high shipping they will hold back bidding.  If shipping is low they will bid higher.  So in reality I would have never had to return the $51.00 overpaid to my buyer because he would have bid higher if shipping was not so expensive. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@kowilato wrote:

Anyone else having trouble with oversized FedEx package shipping fee?  My buyer paid double the actual fee. I refunded the amount and sent an apology...

Have you looked at your eBay invoice yet? I wouldn't have refunded UNTIL you get billed by eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@kowilato wrote:

Anyone else having trouble with oversized FedEx package shipping fee?

@kowilato

What you are describing sounds like this known issue which is being looked into by eBay:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Overcharging-FedEx-Shipping-to-customers-AFTER-sale/m-p/27...

Oversize (or do you mean dimensional weight?) has not been mentioned by anyone else as being involved in the general issue of buyers being charged FedEx retail rates at checkout sometimes for some sellers.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I did mean dimentional weight.  I've been selling on eBay for 19 years and we use to call it over size 1, 2 or 3

Sorry, my bad!

Kris

kowilato

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

<smacking you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper - bad kowilato>   stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

There is an ongoing issue where it looks like buyers are being charged FedEx retail prices at checkout when the pricing should be the discounted prices. eBay has "top men" on it as we speak. "top men".

That doesn't involve dimensional weights, oversize, or anything else of the sort - just what appears to be a case of the calculator using the wrong lookup table at checkout (in other words, the inflated prices presented to buyers are the correct pricing for the pkgs at counter rates in the few cases I've seen)

If you want to dissect the shipment from your OP that had the problem to see if the numbers and planets align with the theory:

Actual package Weight
    Actual accurate package Dimensions
    Origin zip code
    Destination zip code
    Destination commercial or residential?
    Date of the shipment? (to select correct fuel surcharge)
    Service used (Ground/Home Delivery/SmartPost)
    Amounts of any other addons like Signature Reqd, insurance, handling fee, etc
    Anything non-standard about the package? Not boxed, is a long cylinder, in a crate, etc.
    Dropped off at FedEx location or scheduled pickup?
    What was estimated shipping amount at label creation time?
    What was the exact charge and the charged weight and dimensions on the eBay invoice?
    Were there additional charges on the eBay invoice? If so, what and how much?
    How much exactly was the buyer charged?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply