cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an observation about customer service

I recently sent two buyers each others items by mistake. Both agreed to send the other buyer their items and I would pay the postage. Both agreed but then one changed their mind and asked ebay for a refund. He has since gotten his item from the other fellow but will not cancel the refund request. He told me to send him an invoice. I contacted customer support chat and tried to explain the situation. They said they would close the matter and the buyer who asked for the refund will not get it. I checked the refund status but nothing has changed, says I have until the 19th to issue a refund.  what to do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: an observation about customer service

@greek38 wrote:

I recently sent two buyers each others items by mistake. Both agreed to send the other buyer their items and I would pay the postage. Both agreed but then one changed their mind and asked ebay for a refund. He has since gotten his item from the other fellow but will not cancel the refund request. He told me to send him an invoice. I contacted customer support chat and tried to explain the situation. They said they would close the matter and the buyer who asked for the refund will not get it. I checked the refund status but nothing has changed, says I have until the 19th to issue a refund.  what to do?

I'm a little confused about your scenario...

- If the buyer who requested a refund is now asking for an invoice, does that mean he wants to keep it?

If so, send an invoice.

- I'm not confused that if a buyer has requested a 'Return for a refund' that he will get a refund.

If so, approve the Return and get your item back.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: an observation about customer service

this is one of the problems in dealing with this.the buyer who you sent the wrong item to is under no obligation to send it somewhere else.He now has 2 items and simply wants to return the wrong one .You could have just asked for a return but you expected the buyers to cover for your mistake,well it did not work out,know you know why this proposal is risky.I have had this happen before and would not think of asking anyone to do this,control of the situation has been lost

I hope you can come out of this with just some shipping money lost,the buyer changed his mind and is afraid of coming  up short maybe

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 3
latest reply