cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the ups label auto refunds if that transaction is canceled?

Will the ups label, paid directly in eBay system, automatically refunds to me, if that transaction is already canceled?

I am the seller who pays for that ups shipping. Then actually we did not ship out the item and made a cancellation. Do I need to call the CS team or just wait for an auto refund?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You are supposed to manually cancel label.  Go to ORDERS, ACTIVE, SHIPPING LABEL (and select VOID LABEL).  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@mythyanlee wrote:

Will the ups label, paid directly in eBay system, automatically refunds to me, if that transaction is already canceled?

I am the seller who pays for that ups shipping. Then actually we did not ship out the item and made a cancellation. Do I need to call the CS team or just wait for an auto refund?

Thanks. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/labels-packaging-tips/buying-printing-shipping-labe...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@mythyanlee 

To void a shipping label purchased through eBay, go to this page, find the order and select Void from the Actions drop-down. The void option is available for 5 days.

It takes between 2-4 weeks to receive a refund on an unused, voided label. You'll see the refund on your original source of payment (bank, credit card, etc) and the funds will appear in your account without an email notification.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Better void it yourself to be safe.  You only get five days too.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@slippinjimmy 

@caldreamer 

Thank you.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@simba6 

@wastingtime101 

Thanks. Then after 5 days, do I still have an option to contact the CS team to get it refunded?

There was a shipping problem and we decided to give up the shipment after several weeks. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

No. That is the shipper's rules , not eBay's your dealing with.  Cancel and repurchase when needed.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

So you created the label a few weeks ago?  You might be able to get customer service to void it but it may be too late.  The limit for usps labels is 5 days but I'm not sure if it is the same for UPS.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@mythyanlee wrote: ... after 5 days, do I still have an option to contact the CS team to get it refunded?... we decided to give up the shipment after several weeks. 

Several weeks? No, even CS can't help you now.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/labels-packaging-tips/buying-printing-shipping-labe...

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

No. That is the shipper's rules , not eBay's your dealing with.

Incorrect. It's eBay's absurd rule. Carriers generally offer 28 days to void, but when you purchase through eBay, eBay restricts you to 5 days.

With UPS and FedEx specifically, you are using eBay's account with the carrier when purchasing those labels.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

@nobody*s_perfect 

@pjcdn2005 

@simba6 

Thank you, everyone.

I am trying to contact the CS team to avoid this label for me.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply