cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What shipping option should I select for a light package under 12 ounces, Value of item under $20

I recently started selling again on EBay and as I have done in the past I always use "free shipping" in my listings.  The last item I sold was for a $12 shirt and the package weighed 5.7 ounces.  There used to be an option to select first class packages as long as it was under a certain weight (either 12 or 16 ounces) and under a certain size (less than 12").  I would still put in the weight of 6 ounces but didn't need to put in measurements.  I wasn't able to locate that option and so the cheapeast option was USPS Ground, it included automatically up to $100 in insurance (didn't need that), and the cost of the label was $4.43.  Did EBay do away with the first class package label or does USPS no longer offer that service?  What service would you recommend I use for light weight packages with low value?  Thank you in advance for anyone that can offer suggestions.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What shipping option should I select for a light package under 12 ounces, Value of item under $2

Ground Advantage replaced First Class in name but not price, so the price you're seeing is the exact same as First Class would be. The prices have just slowly been raising over time. $4.43 is definitely the cheapest you would be able to ship a shirt.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: What shipping option should I select for a light package under 12 ounces, Value of item under $2

Did EBay do away with the first class package label or does USPS no longer offer that service?

@lvinci77 

USPS discontinued First Class shipping. Your selection of Ground Advantage would be the correct choice now. 🙌

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ground Advantage replaced First Class in name but not price, so the price you're seeing is the exact same as First Class would be. The prices have just slowly been raising over time. $4.43 is definitely the cheapest you would be able to ship a shirt.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your speedy reply

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your speedy reply.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply