cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with Fedex?Cost adjustment

Today I received a notification about three parcels where Fedex has recalculated the cost.

The weight of my parcel was LESS than what I initially indicated and paid for. And Fedex charged me double the cost. 

I always specifically indicate not 3.2 lb, but 4, not 5.1 lb, but 6. Because eBay asks for it. The same i do for dimensions - not 1.2 inch, but 2 etc. 

I began to figure out what caused the shipping cost to double, because the dimensions were indicated correctly. I am providing you with screenshots showing what the additional charge was for. But can someone explain to me why they arose? Why do I indicate the correct sizes (and always with a margin), as Ebay asks, the client's address is known, and I receive double the shipping cost after the fact? Is your delivery calculator broken? This is destroying my business

photo_2024-03-27_08-56-20.jpgphoto_2024-03-27_08-56-16.jpgphoto_2024-03-27_08-56-02.jpg

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay is aware of the FedEx cost adjustment issue and is working on it. They posted banners on the CS contact pages and seller Payments pages letting sellers know it's a top priority. No need to waste time contacting CS (the waits are long right now due to the volume from this issue). Give eBay some time to sort it out and credit back the funds.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/For-those-dealing-with-the-Fed-X-issue-this-is-now-on-the-eba...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

eBay is aware of the FedEx cost adjustment issue and is working on it. They posted banners on the CS contact pages and seller Payments pages letting sellers know it's a top priority. No need to waste time contacting CS (the waits are long right now due to the volume from this issue). Give eBay some time to sort it out and credit back the funds.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/For-those-dealing-with-the-Fed-X-issue-this-is-now-on-the-eba...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Happened to me as well. Bought a $22 label, then after the package was delivered, FedEx said the weight of the package was LESS than what I claimed, and I was overcharged $60 by FedEx, and ebay facilitated stealing the money out of my account. Sure, ebay is trying to fix the error, but the lesson learned is I will NEVER use FedEx again. In fact, I may never use ebay shipping again - they effectively can take as much money as they want out of your account at any time.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Same here. I was charges by FedEx because package was not as heavy as specified on the label.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

thought this was resolved and ancient history, but got hit with a $30+ underpaid adjustment for fedex just now and there's no way the math works.  just like ebfore

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I have the same problem again!!!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

This needs fixed ASAP.  I just got hit with another two large FedEx underpayment charges for no reason.  Package sizes and weights are correct.  This is just crazy.  There was never any issues in the past until something changed last fall.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I did not get any refund

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I just got a shipping adjustment from FedEx for the only item they shipped for me last month. The shipping information was all correct. Seeing that this problem was reported over a week ago and still isn't fixed doesn't fill me with confidence. I avoided shipping FedEx after a nightmare experience in the early days, but lately I've let down my guard. In over 20 years of eBay selling I think I got 1 shipping adjustment maybe, but in the last month I've gotten one each from USPS and FedEx. Coincidence?

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

This Fedex overcharge thing is happening again this week just like last week.   This is ridiculous,  Ebay should have been on top of this and not let it happen for two weeks in a row.   Now my managed payment fund in my ebay account is over drawn.   Last time I got a refund of these charges in 3 days.   My company will NO LONGER be using Fedex ground for any of our shipments.   

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I'm getting these notices again. Two at the same time in fact. One says the actual package weight was 6.3 lbs and my label was 7 lbs, which absolutely doesn't make sense. I am meticulous about sizing and weighing the packages and know without a doubt my package metrics are correct. The fees are also horribly incorrect - $30 for a 12x12x8 package weighing 7 lbs from Boston to TX? There's no way.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Well FedEx is doing it again. After getting refunded for overcharges a week ago I just received a few more. I say everyone boycott FedEx until they stop doing this. Once they start losing money you can bet they will fix the issue. 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

This is a new thing and eBay doesn't seem to care about this.  I have my 2nd on within weeks and I have never had this before.  I am currently changing everything over to another shipping company besides FedEx.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

I have now had it happen 26 times since December. I had been calling and calling trying to get them to do something about the first 13 and I was never refunded for any of those. Just kept being told by ebay they would put in a request to Fed Ex but nothing ever came of it even after several follow up calls. Now in the last 10 days or so I have had another 13 totaling around $300.  Prior to December it had never happened before and I've been using Fed Ex for many years. 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply