cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walgreen's FedEx dropoff warning

Hi,

I started dropping my FedEx at the local Walgreen's because it's closer and has longer hours.  However, I've had some buyers ask about the status of the package and noticed 1) I was not getting the confirmation email and 2) the first scan was up to 2 days later when they left the regional distribution center.

Made quick call to Walgreen's and was told that the drop off scan is not communicated to FedEx!  The first possible scan is when the driver picks up the item and in this case it's not happening on a regular basis (ie daily).  SO, if you have 1 or 2 day turnaround you may want to reconsider using the Walgreen's drop sites.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Walgreen's FedEx dropoff warning

I use the local Dollar General store for FedEx drop off. 

However, I stand and wait until the package is scanned. Just like I do at the PO. 

All scans at Dollar Gen show up through the tracking number immediately, saying it's been accepted at $G. When the driver comes they scan it and it shows it's in FedEx possession. 

Your Walgreens is not following the FedEx rules.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hmmmm, I guess I'll call the local FedEx office and complain then. Maybe the Walgreen's manager was talking out an alternate orafice.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Update:  This is definitely a Walgreen's issue.  They offer delivery/tracking confirmation via Text or Email.  The SMS Text message process is broken, no messages and there are significant delays until it gets scanned. 

If you give them an email address, not only do you get an immediate email with confirmation, it shows on FedEx as scanned within a few minutes.  

Bottom line, the manager was talking out the wrong orifice, either Walgreen's or FedEx have a broken process, my bet is it's on Walgreen's side.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never use fedex to ship anything.   When I drop my packages off at the dollar general, the driver picks them up 1 time a week, I learned this the hard way when I got a late shipment on an item was dropped off and then not picked up until 6 days after.

The only thing I'd recommend sending through Fedex is used cat litter.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The representative at Walgreens said I would get a text In 2 hours from dropping it off. And I never did. I missed the pick up today so hopefully I will get a text when the pick up the package tomorrow.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply