cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS problems in zip codes 33166 33172, 33195, 33152

USPS in this zone is a disaster, if you are a seller  avoid shipping by USPS on those zip codes, they have tons of misdeliveries,  they have so many claims from customers, that they do not investigate anymore, they just deny them all.  They just do not have the capacity to work that amount of packages for all the businesses around the Miami Airport.  Is better to ship by UPS or fedex on those zip codes, avoid a headache.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Looks like these might have to do with "freight forward" addresses to another country?

Freight forward has been OK to me.

I have had no problems with deliveries in Florida.

Might be a little slow to shipping in Florida...but nothing wrong with the zip code.

Might want to look into if you had any freight forward buyers before saying zip codes are bad.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@wgraggio 

Do you have any particular news links or other complaints regarding  this problem?  ALL my mail, even if it going five miles away is routed to Opa Locka (100+ miles south of me).   I have not had any issues with the Opa Locka sorting facility in general for a real long time, other than the routing to Tampa, Ybor, Ft. Meyers. Orlando, Lakeland, and back to my town for delivery.  That has been the norm for months. 

Years ago, items would enter there and never get another scan.  I talked to the person in charge of that facility and he said that they would not scan the printed labels because they just had so many.  I just filed the insurance on ALL of them, and the problem corrected itself.  These were for "lost" parcels though, not "misdelivered".  

Do you know if those zip codes are related to the tax exempt freight forwarders (zones) around the airport?  I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything yet.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Yes, FL is horrible for me too.

I have created about 20 help tickets on USPS website forcing them to modify tracking to show 'Delivered' because they refuse to give delivery scans which is allowing international FF customers to open INR.

Luckily I have gotten tracking updated before having to issue refunds on all of them so I haven't lost, but it's a real hassle. 

I have submitted multiple complaints, but I doubt it will go anywhere. 

Sad because USPS is really good for me everywhere outside of FL.

Creating a new help ticket for another package that has stalled out this very moment. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

My Florida deliveries are fast, they are coming from New England.

The midwest is my current problem.

Central Illinois to St Paul are disrupting delivery to me in New England. I frankly doubt that they should have routed through St Paul.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I’ve been saying this for a few months already, Florida is a disaster. Miami, Boca, Opa Locka are especially bad. Had multiple packages get to South Florida, only to be sent to Arizona, Texas & Georgia. Get sent back to Florida. Then take another week to get a delivery scan. The Freight Forwarded packages are getting scans I never saw before. Had two cases open, luckily I got the buyer to admit the package was forwarded. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Had multiple packages get to South Florida, only to be sent to Arizona, Texas & Georgia. Get sent back to Florida. Then take another week to get a delivery scan. 

@dolcetreasures 

Yes, there is that as well.  All parcels going north of me still go to Miami/Opa Locka first.  Two to St. Augustine area took  side trips, one to N.Carolina, another to Virginia before they came back to FL.  

It is a very dangerous thing if they are not scanning parcels to F.Forwarders as delivered.   I don't think the added protections for sellers apply to INRs as they do for SNAD when a buyer uses such a service. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Same here in 33166,  usps do not scan at my door, sometimes they do the actual delivery one week after the website shows the package as delivered. I do not know what to tell my customers anymore, I'm losing credibility. i was looking for solutions for this problem and i found several websites like this one:

that is exactly what is happening to me also,  they deliver packages pre scanned in big crates.
I went to the USPS office to try to talk with the manager, and i was shocked to see all the people there waiting to be attended for the same problem
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Opa Locka distribution center is not the problem, the problem resides around the Miami airport USPS facilities. Especially the biggest one on  2200 NW 72ND AVE STOP 3 MIAMI, FL 33152.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I have the same problem, I receive the USPS big metalllic crates full with boxes,  without scanning, and there are always a few boxes inside from other addresses, addresses that are not even close to my office. I only receive USPS twice a week, with different delivery dates other than the current day. I wouldn't care if it weren't for the fact that I'm always missing boxes and USPS doesn't solve it. I am also at 33166 zip code.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I also have the same problem, USPS should start scanning packages upon delivery. I have had many lost packages since December, when I try to claim with them, they only follow what the website says, "our system shows that it was delivered." They know it's not true because when you talk to the people at the station at 33152, they all know that when it says delivered, it means they scanned it at the USPS warehouse. I truly believe that lying like this is a crime and should be seen by government entities.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Look at this tracking history in USPS.com  https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9434609105464125056680

Is like Teleportation technology is already working at USPS, just to let you know  Miami is 4 hours minimum from Orlando

In Transit to Next Facility

May 13, 2024

Departed USPS Regional Facility

SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

May 9, 2024, 11:22 am

Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery

MIAMI, FL 33166

May 9, 2024, 11:17 am

Arrived at Post Office

MIAMI, FL 33166

May 9, 2024, 9:57 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

May 9, 2024, 8:03 am

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Did anyone have luck with the USPS manager there? i went 2 times, she does not want to talk to anyone.

They keep telling to everyone that is a sorting machine problem, that is nonsense, i f you identify the problem, as manager you solve it. It is getting worse and worse in this area.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hello. Good day everyone. Hopefully all of you are doing great. 

If you are a seller. An electronic Seller. Please, please stop using USPS. I am an ebuyer and I am totally tired of calling USPS to get help with some packages that are getting delay or either lost, they do not provided solution or answer for those packages. Specially when the article you have purchased is considered over $100 bucks value. 

The office which is located in the address, 2200 NW 72ND AVE STOP 3 MIAMI, FL 33152. Also with some zip codes like 33172, packages are getting lost. Does not matter escalations, help tickets. They will always say, the package is not here and there is no way to look forward. Without forgetting to say that, they do not pick up the phone.

This is 2024, this is not longer a stone age, they are stealing the packages. You as seller are loosing credibility and reputation for this. Me as an ebuyer, I´m getting banned and kicked from seller´s stores, cuz they think that... I am keeping the packages and the tracking number is not updated and that isn´t happening. I´m loosing money and also time, even worst packages never ever arrived to final destination. 

Money is hard to get for you as seller and for us as buyers. Please use Fedex, Amazon, UPS. WHATEVER you need, even if it cost a little be more, it will be really appreciated. I´d prefer getting the package saved even if more money is needed for shipping. 

International buyers are the most affected for this. We have not words or rights to claim directly to the post office.

I´m someone that likes getting what I paid for knowing that the store or seller that have sold me the article has his money. Without worrying about that delivery company is not doing their JOB and they are just stealing the packages.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply