cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS delays with shipping post cards?

Ok...  I've had about 5 postcards now in the last several months or so take a month to get delivered.  These are $5 postcards so I just end up providing them a refund and eventually they do get them.  These are US shipments delivered in the US.  So no international shipping issues to take that out of the equation.  I don't sell many postcards but about half take a month to get delivered.  I'm sick of refunding my customers so I'm thinking about getting out of the post card business purely because the USPS can't get their act together.  All other items I try to ship via UPS instead of USPS for obvious reasons.  Anyone else experience these shipping delays with postcards, sports cards, etc. using the .88 shipping option?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

A lot of sellers have problems with ESE.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Most of my ESE shipments go smooth , but sometimes they do get hung up somewhere.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I mail stamps using stamps.

Never had a lost item last or this year yet.

Most are my inexpensive items with not tracking get delivered 4-5 days cross country.

I have also sold some post cards in the past with no problems.

Naturally, anything I sell that is expensive I will use tracking through the USPS.

We have more sellers using tracking for inexpensive items nowadays. And so guess what...sellers not using tracking get items reaching buyers quicker because there is less mail without tracking than with tracking or "metered mail"...which those eBay shipping envelopes are considered "metered mail".

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I mail stamps using stamps.

Never had a lost item last or this year yet.

Most are my inexpensive items with not tracking get delivered 4-5 days cross country.

I have also sold some post cards in the past with no problems.

Naturally, anything I sell that is expensive I will use tracking through the USPS.

We have more sellers using tracking for inexpensive items nowadays. And so guess what...sellers not using tracking get items reaching buyers quicker because there is less mail without tracking than with tracking or "metered mail"...which those eBay shipping envelopes are considered "metered mail".

How does that work out on your seller level  as far as late shipments , not uploading tracking numbers etc. ?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

My seller level is fine like other sellers.

I am not into the TRS program to save 10 % on ebay fees.

I buy stamps below face value from other USA sellers in lots on eBay....so I save that "10% eBay fee"..I would get if I am a TRS seller.

Understandable a lot of buyers like tracking but a lot of buyers like getting their items quicker.

You don't need tracking for everything you are selling.

As far as late shipments...shipments are considered late when tracking input is late or not showing up.

If you read some of feedbacks...buyers are happy to get their items quick. I must be something right.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@kensgiftshop 

The seller is not using ESE. All of their postcard listings show USPS Priority Mail shipping. 

@kc-businesses 

What method of USPS Priority Mail are you using?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks , wasn't criticizing you just wondering about how it affected those levels . 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No problem. I knew you weren't criticizing me.

But some who are here everyday do...so used to it.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@kc-businesses 

How are you shipping $5.00 post cards at only 88 cents postage, when your listings state that you will be shipping using USPS Priority mail?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

USPS is having trouble shipping ANYTHING right now. I've had a package on the way from Arizona for 2 weeks now. It hasn't been tracked at a post office in a week, but I can't file a claim because it says, "still on the way, just running late." No one knows where it is, but according to USPS that no longer means it's lost..........

Message 11 of 11
latest reply