cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS delays - heavy items versus light items

For those of you experiencing delays with USPS have you noticed if it has been heavier items? I ship a variety of items and it seems all my delayed packages (probably 20 in the last two months) were packages weighing about 10 lbs or more. I haven't had any complaints on the small, lightweight items.  Anyone else notice this?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have not.

Here is a screen shot of a car jack that I sold that wasn't too long ago. It arrived 2 days earlier than expected from CA to NC.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 230459.png

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

So far so good here this year on the heavier items going USPS GA out of DFW.

Are you seeing the delays getting out of St. Louis or in other states along the way?

There were posts here on the boards about St. Louis issues earlier this year.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I recently had a 1 ounce take 15 days from ohio to Arizona. No updates for a week span. It was delivered the day I filed an insurance claim.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There are union rules that employees with some medical conditions don't have to handle heavy packages.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Definitely had some issues getting packages through St Louis. They apparently had a hazardous chemical spill last year and still haven't recovered. But also had a lot of issues with packages that went through Atlanta. I also had issues with other parts of the country but I'd have to go back and review. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@a-cut-above 

Just checking shipments and have one that got to the  Springfield MO distribution on Friday and did not leave until today, Tuesday. It was a larger package heading to Stockton.

@onefootflipper  posted about issues in St.Louis a couple of months back.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

@a-cut-above 

Just checking shipments and have one that got to the  Springfield MO distribution on Friday and did not leave until today, Tuesday. It was a larger package heading to Stockton.

@onefootflipper  posted about issues in St.Louis a couple of months back.

I am still having St. Louis issues, but really only on things that go out on mondays, so now I just ship all my monday stuff on tuesday.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply