cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS back charge - New on on me!

I got a notice from Ebay that USPS charged me for a shipping label for which there was delivery after a label refund was issued. The label was NEVER used. 

I sold an item on December  31, buyer paid and I purchased a shipping label for shipment on January 2. 

Shortly after buying the label, buyer claimed she used incorrect address so I canceled the transaction and voided the label. (She never rebought the item and I resold it to a different buyer on Jan. 26.)

All was well (or so I thought) until today when I got notice that USPS was backcharging me for the label which is now showing delivery on March 11 to Memphis, TN.  

Tracking shows that the item was scanned as accepted at my local post office on Friday, March 8 but I didn't even have any shipments that day that I took to the p.o.

Until now, the tracking number shown on that buyer's order showed no movement. 

Original label purchased Dec. 31: 
original label purchasedoriginal label purchased
Original label credited January 15
label voidedlabel voided
Back charge for unused label March 13
USPS credit for unused labelUSPS credit for unused label
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: USPS back charge - New on on me!

Hi kyle@ebay . Something really strange is happening here. Please review the OP plus 3 other sellers reporting the same problem on this post:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/I-m-being-charged-by-USPS-for-voided-shipping-label-dating-fr...

Can you look into this and get it in the right hands on the shipping team?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can dispute it by these directions posted on the Ebay "Manage Shipping Labels" page: 

"If you think these adjustments are incorrect, you can contact USPS Customer Care at 1-844-819-5187 or verifypostagehelp@usps.gov to open a dispute. Make sure you have the IMPB and Revenue Assurance ID below to identify the adjustment. USPS will respond within 5-15 business days."

***NOTE: I had to get a call back from Ebay to receive my Revenue Assurance ID, but she said that I didn't need the IMPB, as it is a barcode.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I did send an email to verifypostagehelp and got a response. Whether it'll go anywhere is anyone's guess. 

"Hello

We are pleased to inform you that a Service Request has been opened on your behalf with the Automated Package Verification (APV) Help Desk. If your Service Request is regarding lost or damaged packages, package tracking or general retail/delivery complaints please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page or visit the Contact Us page for options to locate/contact the appropriate department as you will not receive a resolution from the APV Help Desk. If your request is not in reference to these items you can expect a response within 2-5 days, usually no more than 15 days. 
Service Request Number: 61687990"

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hi kyle@ebay . Something really strange is happening here. Please review the OP plus 3 other sellers reporting the same problem on this post:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/I-m-being-charged-by-USPS-for-voided-shipping-label-dating-fr...

Can you look into this and get it in the right hands on the shipping team?

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for flagging this.  I have shared this info with the shipping team for review.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Update: I received notice from Ebay that my account has been credited for the back charged voided shipping label. 

Thanks kyle@ebay for following up on the review.

Refund issued for USPS shipping label pricing error

Dear xxxxx,

Due to a United States Postal Service (USPS) invoicing error, you were recently charged for some shipping labels purchased with eBay Labels that you had previously voided.

We have resolved the issue with USPS and have credited your account. Thank you for your patience.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Shipping Team

Message 6 of 6
latest reply