cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Significant Delays - Pausing Stores - Ebay Support?

It is now a well-known fact that the USPS is demonstrating significant delays across its network. Sellers and buyers are at the mercy of the USPS. Ultimately, as sellers, we may/will be refunding buyers at some point. These refunds will be significant for many of us. Many sellers are "Pausing" their stores in hopes of not incurring additional financial losses. We as sellers have more to lose during this shipping nightmare. What is Ebay doing to help? Well, if I understand correctly, they are shielding sellers from Negative Feedback because of the delays. For those of us with stores, wouldn't it be nice for Ebay to credit us the monthly subscription cost during our Pause periods? Any other ideas?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't have a store... Received multiple INR cases +negative  for the item that is still in transit. 2 attempts to remove/appeal it- no luck as of right now.  Not sure what kind of shielding you were referring to...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It was my impression we would not receive Negative Feedback from sellers because of shipping delays.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Switch to UPS or FedEx they have great rates right now and deliver pretty much as promised.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Time to wake up vinylmagman. 

Yes, you can be dinged for shipping and I would really doubt that this platform is going to chose to lose money because of ones decision to "pause" for whatever reason. 

They are in business, as are we.

Sink or swim....or sink...or..

I am hopeful and wish for us all only good things. 

Grandma 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

May I ask what type of items you are shipping? When looking at USPS First Class vs FedEx, the rates are nearly double. Most of my packages are under 1 lb. I'm contemplating whether it's a good move or not to temporarily use FedEx despite the higher cost. 

I also offer free shipping and returns, so I have to consider that higher FedEx cost eating into profits. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply