cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Ground Advantage

I was wondering if anyone else are having problems with USPS Ground Advantage.  Recently it seems to be longer delivery time than normal. I ship same day unless it is purchased after normal shipping hours. My margins are tight on some items, and I have to ship the most cost-effective carrier.  So, I had two items that I shipped to "repair shops" and they contacted me saying they had not received their item and their customers were upset.  I tracked the items and saying in transit. I shipped a replacement to both buyers Priority Mail and they got it in 2 days. Now for the original packages still have not been delivered (shipped 3/18). Any ideas or help would be appreciated. BTW , that is 5 shipments since 3/18/24 And yes I did contact USPS with no help. I filed a claim on one of them. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

USPS Ground Advantage

The answer is in your post.

Ship everything Priority.  If the buyers are in that big of rush,  They'd have 

no reason to complain about paying more.

Give them a choice.    GA by wagon train  or Priority by Jet

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

+1 to dirk12955.  My experience on the receiving end of GA, is that packages initially track with a delivery date on par with priority, but a few days,  tracking comes up "in transit, arriving late".

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

I shipped something "priority express" and it arrived a week later not in 2 days so shipping priority should not make a difference.  I have also had a couple other issues.  The slow down has been in the news with governors of certain states looking into what is going on with people not receiving their mail in a timely manner.  I have heard that if you are reusing boxes make sure all codes and upcs are blackened out.  The newer machinery scans everything and may be redirecting packages because of it.  If I am sending items to certain areas, I plan on being proactive and checking tracking after a couple days to see if it is traveling through the system the way it should.  If it isn't I may do a missing mail search through the usps and possibly letting my buyer know.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

Yes - having the same problems since beginning of this year.  Have been using USPS for 4 years now and switched to Ground Advantage when First Class package service was discontinued.  Over the last 3 months the delays have increased, the lost items have increased, and the service have declined.  In the last month 2 packages completely lost and they don't know what happened to them and 2 more haven't had an update in over a week which is a sure sign they are lost as well.  Significant number misrouted - and I don't mean a town away or a 100 miles, I mean going from AZ to Alaska and no update for a week on a package heading from AZ to PA. Another going from AZ to OR that's in Puerto Rico today.  Several others have been cycling in and out of distribution centers without making forward progress in 5-6 days.  Something's going on at USPS and we have to hope they will figure it out soon or they won't be doing much business with anyone.  My late delivery rate last month with 92% with most package arriving 3-5 later than the projected latest delivery date.  All I can say is be sure to submit the help request form as soon as the package is eligible, then do the same with the missing mail search and be ready with your claim paperwork as soon as the 15 day window has passed. They'll refund the purchase price plus what you paid for shipping for each lost item.  Doesn't help with unhappy customers and that's a real issue for sellers on a platform like eBay.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

The "Ground Advantage" is horrible; it should be called "Ground Disadvantage" as packages sit days between hubs. Blame Louis DeJoy 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

Just wondering if you have issues with the 85043 sorting facility. I'm in Phx and my packages sit here for weeks

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

You betcha. I have 15 open missing mail cases as of this morning, got to open 2 more today. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

Many of my GA packages are arriving in the same time frame that priority would. Not all, but some.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply