cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS small shipping label

Guys - can I scale down a 4x6 UPS label from eBay to 50% of the size resulting in a 2x3 label. Dropping it off at a drop box later on today. I don't see why modern day barcode readers won't be able to read them but wanted to confirm here if UPS is strict about just rejecting these

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: UPS small shipping label

I have received items with that small of a label.  All you can do is try.  You might print one out and take it by your UPS drop off location and see if they can scan it

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I have received packages with small labels and the tracking always worked.  Watch out however if the package is too small it's prone to getting lost.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have also reduced label sizes to fit small boxes. No problem with USPS scanning the barcode, but I have never tried this with UPS as those labels are for boxes with larger and heavier items.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

At anything below 80% reduction make sure you printer is in the graphic or high resolution mode and check the barcode still has sharp crisp edges and not ragged distorted ones.  Take a magnifying glass and look closely.  If clean and clear, you should be ok, but I wouldn't go any smaller as the text will get too small to read.

Also make sure you are not going below the minimum package size required by the carrier for the service you are using.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply