cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Sunday night/Monday morning shipping date bug

On Monday the 20th at 12:31AM we can't select Monday to ship an item! If I select the 21st it will actually print 20th on the label though. I know that because the bug has been going on for over a year. It's just DISPLAYING the wrong dates in the drop down menu.
Later in the morning Monday will be an option. It always works itself out but it's mind blowing that these bugs go on for years without repair.
There is also a Saturday night bug that won't let you select Monday as a shipping day. Happens every weekend and has been going on forever.
Maybe some of the tech people can explain how this bug is created. It's kind of like the bug that happens every time there is a Monday holiday. I guess they use last year or next years calendar for programming the holidays into the shipping app?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: The Sunday night/Monday morning shipping date bug

I'm about to pack and ship all the items that sold over the weekend.  I'll come back and let you know what i face.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale 

Does it matter?  I just ship it om Monday anyway (I never do look) and as long as it's scanned one would think all is fine.

Just wondering?...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I'm sorry you are having issues.  For myself, I packaged many things for shipment tomorrow and had no issues at all.  I hope this is a short term issue for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Does it matter? That's a good question.

It might matter a lot for an international shipment.
It might be very confusing for a new Ebay user not used to all the bugs.

Does it matter if Ebay has a shipping app that appears to function properly? I think it's a little concerning.

Would you be concerned if someone you worked with didn't know what day of the week it was?
If that person was in charge of my shipping department I would be very concerned.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Does it matter? That's a good question.

It might matter a lot for an international shipment.
It might be very confusing for a new Ebay user not used to all the bugs.

Does it matter if Ebay has a shipping app that appears to function properly? I think it's a little concerning.

Would you be concerned if someone you worked with didn't know what day of the week it was?
If that person was in charge of my shipping department I would be very concerned.

Did you report it on the Tech board or did you just come to the selling board to see what the rest of us thought?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I have reported this on the tech board, shipping board and to CS a few times in the last year or two. Others have reported it too. Is there some reason why I should not have posted about this? If there is, I would like to know.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

I have reported this on the tech board, shipping board and to CS a few times in the last year or two. Others have reported it too. Is there some reason why I should not have posted about this? If there is, I would like to know.

I didn't say that.  I asked because sometimes sellers think by bringing something to the seller boards they are reporting an issue to eBay.  So I simply asked.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I just packed several orders.  I had no issues.  It says shipping (tomorrow) 4-20-20.  It's 9 PM in Hawaii. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It's the time difference between East Coast West Coast.

That's why I don't print my shipping labels till 3am East Coast time or better when I'm up in the middle of the night.

The shipping metrics and everything run on eBay time not your local time.

Part of the form reads your local time and date, the rest read eBay's.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

That doesn't explain why Monday, Apr 20 is not even an option for the OP?

If Pacific Time (eBay) was still Sunday, the option should read 20 Apr (Tomorrow). But it shows that "Tomorrow" as 21 Apr (Tuesday) 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@cynthealee2 wrote:

That doesn't explain why Monday, Apr 20 is not even an option for the OP?

If Pacific Time (eBay) was still Sunday, the option should read 20 Apr (Tomorrow). But it shows that "Tomorrow" as 21 Apr (Tuesday) 😞

Part of the form is reading it as if it was the 20th  but after midnight so "tomorrow" would be 21st... the rest of the form is reading as if it's the 19th (West Coast) which is why it corrects itself when it prints.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply