cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support's response RE to late scan of my package

IMG_6736.png

 I realize some are going to tell me that I need to go to the post office and stand in line and watch them scan my package. Other than doing that, what are my options? I have never in all of my years of eBay since 1995, ever shipped a package late. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You’ll be fine - one “late” shipment is not going to hurt.  Either stand in line for a scan or don’t - totally up to you.  I no longer stand in line - did so in winter of 2020, but my PO is back on track, so no need.  But, I know I am taking a small risk, and I’m okay with it.  Sure, I get a couple of “late” dings, but I’m well under the threshold for top rated.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your kind response! I think I am just frustrated and needed to vent to someone in the eBay community. I'm definitely not going back to the old days of going to the post office. I love the convenience of having things picked up from my porch. Just wish I knew how to relax and not try to be perfect about it. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you buy shipping label in bulk option then you can create a scan form.

When the carrier comes to pickup you just kindly ask them to scan that form and it will give it a scan right at that moment.

Don't worry about the name 'bulk' you can do it just for a single label.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Omgosh thank you!!! Wish I knew about this before. This is great. Will definitely be printing this out in the future. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I print out a USPS Scan form via the bulk shipping path here on ebay & then have my mail carrier just scan the form & all of my parcels are automatically scanned 100% of the time.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@thefishingmaster2008 

If the shipment makes it on time, the late shipment ding will fall off automatically in due time. Does not take that long to correct itself.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Oh good thanks! I didn't know how that worked. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply