cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping warehouse in DE

I recently sold 3 pieces of jewelry and they went to 2 different warehouses in DE.  The buyer was Chinese and had a 5 letter code after their name.  One item was sent with sig confirmation and it has still not been delivered.  What is your experience with these transactions?  At one time (last year) someone on here said one of the addresses was a scam address.  I have been paid for the jewelry, but now I'm worried that they will get the items and try to get a chargeback.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping warehouse in DE

I ship a lot to them for overseas buyers. I will say that I no longer ship using USPS there as there are thieves in the Wilmington and Newark DE Postal System....and why I believe people believe it is a "scam". A good percentage of packages I was sending USPS there were getting "lost". Just make sure packages are insured to the full value if using USPS.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Shipping warehouse in DE

Most every freight forwarder has bad reviews and are accused of scams. It is mainly the buyers that use them that cause the poor reviews.

I have only had a problem or two overs the years with buyers using FF's. About the same ratio as with stateside buyers. Though I have headed a few off at the pass, so to speak.

You don't have a problem until one actually occurs. Let us know if that happens. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Shipping warehouse in DE

I been lucky with the Delaware freight forward. The estimated date of delivery only goes to Delaware and not onward to the other country. So, sometimes the buyer will email where is my item. With tracking your safe where the address it is going to....as long as it is scanned.

Just explain to buyer about the freight forward where it takes more time to get to them. I wouldn't email them about anything first. Let the buyer email you first...and then explain about the freight forward thing.

I let the buyer leave feedback first...so I know they got the item.

I had an item go to Armenia from Delaware freight forward. Buyer said everything was good and left positive feedback. Here's my problem...the tracking for his item "states going to next destination...Oct 20th"....so tracking never got marked as delivered. Tracking is still open....LOL. I got lucky on this one.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply