cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping labels

Our computer isn’t working right now and our printer doesn’t print from our phones. So if I buy one of the ebay shipping labels and hand write the label will the U.S. Postal Service accept it when I put the item in the mailbox? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shipping labels

No that will not work @memarysue1964 . You can buy labels and select the QR code option. The post office clerk can scan the QR code to print the label for you. (You have to go to the PO - your carrier cannot print the label.)

If you cannot have the labels physically printed and if the QR code is not something you're comfortable with, you can buy labels at the post office but it will cost more.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can't buy a blank ebay shipping label because they come with tracking numbers. Best to replace computer. If that's not possible I would end all auctions under $20 with low shipping. You will need to take each sold item to the post office and purchase labels with no discount, 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Would the postal service accept a handwritten ebay shipping label if the tracking number is on the handwritten shipping label? 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Still no. If you're trying to have USPS pick up the package you'll need a prepaid label with the tracking number AND the scanable bar code.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You can hand write the label but package has to be taken to PO to buy postage and mail. You will be given a receipt with the tacking number which you manual enter. 

In your situation, there are no other options except the QR code. 

Do you have a friend that you could log in on their computer and use their printer?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply