cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Glitch or is this something new?

On listings where I offer more than two shipping options Ebay is only displaying two options.  Is this a temporary glitch or something new? 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Shipping Glitch or is this something new?

I looked at each listing that had shipping, and all of them showed one shipping option, except 2 or 3 that did show 2 options.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I'm having the same problem today, as of about a half hour ago, only 1 shipping option is showing (but I have 2 options available). I offer First Class and also Priority Mail for most of my rolling stock model train cars. I guess it's a glitch, because now only the First Class Option is showing. I had this one time before, and got on the boards here, and someone said to clear cookies and cache, and that did work the last time, but not today.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Wow! I just looked at some of my listings and the same thing is happening. I didn't even know!

I noticed that it was mostly on my newer listings (newly listed within the last 2 weeks). Most of those are showing only one option (I usually offer First Class + Priority) and the lowest choice (1st class) is the one showing, but on at least one listing, it is showing the Priority Option only AND it is a different price than I have listed. I offered Priority on that listing for $9.95 (same rate to all), but the listing page is showing $8.95!

I tried "revising" some of the listings that show the error, but it did not correct it!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Also, when I "revised" my listings, the correct shipping charges were all there. They just don't show on the listing itself. 

One more thing we need to worry about. This is aggravating!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

MAINEGIRL97: I also tried revising my listings, but it didn't correct the problem either. What's really strange is when I go into some of my listings, it may or may not show each of my shipping options, so each listing is randomly showing one or both options, but the next time I pull up the listing, it will only show the First Class option. The options are randomly showing, then not showing, etc etc.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Yes, very aggravating.

I just sold an item to one of my customers about 30 mins ago, and I noticed he chose the second option (Priority Mail), even though when I looked at the listing (before he purchased it), the Priority option wasn't visible to me! So it must still show up as an option when the customer goes to pay???
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Well, I'm glad to hear that it was at least showing up when your customer paid! It could still be a deterrent for some buyers if they can't see the options while shopping (before purchase) though.

Getting tired of Ebay's glitches. Seems like everyday there is a new one. Its hard enough with all of the unnecessary changes they are constantly making...don't need any more added hassle!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

DITTO !!!!
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

>>I just sold an item to one of my customers about 30 mins ago, and I noticed he chose the second option (Priority Mail),
>>even though when I looked at the listing (before he purchased it), the Priority option wasn't visible to me! So it must still
>>show up as an option when the customer goes to pay???

Options disappear based on location which determines delivery time. When you looked at the listing you viewed from your location not the buyer's, thus Fast 'N Free or Guaranteed Delivery applied, and options were removed. The buyer is probably outside the 4 day delivery distance so options were not removed.

It is not a glitch or a bug - it intentional.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-think-my-Shipping-section-is-messed-up/m-p/29717358/highligh...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Now-Guarantees-Fast-N-Free-Shipments/ba-p/29127299
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

berserkerplanet:  Thanks for the info.  But what I don't understand, is why do both of my shipping options (First Class & Priority) show up at my end only randomly?  I can view the same item over and over again and sometimes both shipping options show, next time, only the First Class option shows.  3 minutes later, both options show up again, 30 seconds later, second option unviewable.  I understand your explanation (even though I don't agree with E-bay messing with our templates and removing shipping choices based on which one they think is "better" for the customer), but I don't understand the randomness of the options showing, then not showing.  

And even though the cost of First Class may be less expensive, or withing a $2.00 range of Priority Mail, I still want both options to show and I want my ALL of my customers to have both choices , regardless of their zip code, because I know for a fact that Priority Mail is always faster than First Class..........especially within my same zip code.  I'm in the Phx area, and Priority Mail will go directly to the downtown Phx facility, but First Class will take a round about route and hit another post office first,  and is a longer route, before it winds up at the same downtown Phx facility.  Priority Mail IS faster and will arrive to a customer in my same zip code by next day or 2 days.  First Class (in my same zip code) may take up to 4 to 5 days.  

It's not up to E-bay to decide "better" choices for our customers, when the "better" choice E-bay chooses is not always the "better" choice.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

No idea what the "shipping choice selection" algorithm is doing (and eBay may have no idea either if it is that random).

eBay has been informed that their approach is detrimental - such as disappearing Express options that have same "estimated" delivery as say Priority, or disappearing a FedEx option if a USPS option shows same timeframe that a buyer might choose for their own reasons and that the seller offered with that in mind, but it falls on deaf ears.

The only choices are to either figure out how to live with it, or mess with your stated handling time and actual handling time to ensure nothing you offer qualifies as Fast 'n Free or GD. Charging for shipping also prevents it I believe (forgo any Free shipping perks, and charge 1¢ shipping - that should do the trick)

There is no win-win scenario here for sellers with this.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I have been having this issue foe the last 3 days. ebay for business is doing testing. The problem is they are showing the most expensive 1 day express as primary and not 3rd options. They are aware of this. I hope it resolves verrry soon. major problem

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I am having same problem

@disneyshopper wrote:

I looked at each listing that had shipping, and all of them showed one shipping option, except 2 or 3 that did show 2 options.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

My listing are showing up with Express listing in 1st place of showing. The least expensive last. This is crazy. For ex: 12.00 item is showing on the listing as express 34.95. This is the first thing they see?? WOW. This can kill my business with 1100 items. I have had 3 reps tell me this is a test they are doing and a major concern with no ETA?? WOOOOOW!! Ebay for business is swamped with these complaints and they say it is a priority they are working on. Not sure this helps. Just a waiting game. FYI!!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply