cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Dollhouse Carpeting

I need to ship dollhouse carpeting that is still in its sealed package. The carpeting is 20 x 14, I haven't found a cheap way to ship it. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A padded envelope would to.  There are some 20 by 14.  If it will roll up you can make a box or use a mailing tube.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If you want to ship it flat are you able to cut a box down to size needed?

You can get a Moving Box from Home Depo that measures 21L X 15T X 16W ($1.98) and cut it down to make it 4T  + or - then the shipping would be reasonable.  Sort of like how these File Boxes were cut to 2T.

stephenmorgan_1-1714089205317.jpeg

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I haven’t found any envelopes that size. Do you know a place?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You're probably going to get a lot of advice similar to your post asking how to ship doll house wallpaper.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Shipping-Dollhouse-Wallpaper/td-p/34412540

Can the carpeting be rolled?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The carpeting hasn’t been opened so I can’t bend it. Same problem with some of the wallpaper I want to sell, it’s in unopened packaging and I don’t want to open them. I have not found any padded envelopes, which I think would be best for both, big enough.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you cannot roll it, then I suggest making custom sized boxes out of larger boxes. You might try an appliance or hardware store to see if they have large boxes you can take.

Or you can buy appropriate-sized boxes but cut them down in height to fit the product. Easy to find 20x14x4 boxes which you could cut down to 2" in height or whatever works. The boxes aren't cheap - how valuable is the product? Maybe best sold in a bulk lot, or potentially selling locally instead of shipping.

If the item itself is 20x14 you may need to go up in box size to leave room around product edges. Keep in mind USPS applies surcharges to packages exceeding 22" in length so keep the size below that if you can.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I did a Yahoo search and found some.  Not sure if you can just buy a few however.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply