cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Coupons, How?

As I understand "digitaly delivered" sales of coupon codes are prohibited.

Then how do I ship the physical coupons since "eBay Standard Envelope" is not an applicable category for coupons? 

It doesn't make sense to spend $4 on USPS Ground for a coupon with a total sale value of $5.

Thoughs? What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping Coupons, How?

You can ship with a stamp on an envelope. USPS First Class Mail Should cost $0.68 No need for tracking. Your coupon costs $12.99. Hardly worth it for a scammer to file an INR to get a refund.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Coupons, How?

@kenneth686321You'd be surprised, I already had a previous customer file a INR claim. 

My go to currenttly is using postage stamp mail but it's not trackable for INR cases.   But the biggest reason I'm concerned is that I have to select "mark as shipped" on all the sold coupon listing which are shipped via postage stamp mail.  I sell quite a few coupons monthly and this feels like I'm going to be flagged if I continue selecting "mark as shipped" on a dozen coupon sales each month. I'm seriously worried such a frequent action is going to flag me for MC011 – which is where eBay requests tracking numbers of all shipments – as I've read.  

I depend on eBay for income and I don't want to violate anything or come close to it. I want to do everything by the book and not set off any alarms.   Thanks all for your input.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Coupons, How?

I think there are plenty of seller who ship with a stamp. What do you think many sellers did before eBay Standard Envelope...

If you depend on eBay for income and don't want to risk your account, I would consider a secondary selling account. I once considered using ESE but didn't want the feedback harm on my account, I was going to create a second selling account for ESE stuff, but didn't want the hassle and wasn't worth it for me personally

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Coupons, How?

I highly doubt you couple of coupons sold a month will raise red flags on Ebay. Many stamp, coin, card and other low value item sellers ship using a stamp on an envelop with no problems. It's the only way to ship these cheap items without loosing money. You should be fine. 

If you read most of the MC011 threads more throughly, those sellers got them due to a combination of factors such as selling multiple expensive, high fraud items (electronics, jewellery, sneakers), suddenly increasing your sales in a short period of time compared to your average sales (mostly sellers suddenly selling from liquidation pallets), having too many INAD/INR cases opened and having Ebay step in.  

Shipping with tracking is really  for a seller's peace of mind anyways.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply