cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller offers to cancel or charge me more for shipping 🤨

I won a listing with a  $1 bid and $9.60 Priority Shipping. 

Recently received msg from seller offering to cancel or charge me more because seller says shipping is $17, per Post Office. 

How would you respond?

As a seller, I’ve lost profit because of underestimating shipping and I didn’t/wouldn’t ask buyer to pay for my error. 

I’m leaning towards requesting what I bid for (per listing). If not, seller gets a negative review. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would stop communicating with the seller. I would pay the $10.60 that the listing states and if the seller doesn't ship it file a INR when you are allowed to. 

Then it is negative review time.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Point them to the eBay rules that state you can't change a listing after it's been sold and specifically state that you do not agree to cancellation.  They may still cancel but if they cancel using "buyer requested" or "problem with address" you can report them to customer service.

Or if you don't want to deal with the hassle just let them cancel, but still point them to the rules and state that sellers are responsible to determine the cost of shipping BEFORE listing items.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Do not mention feedback when communicating with user.  It falls under feedback extortion. Never use sure in negotiating with users.

The seller has to sell you the item at what they listed it at, no increase or extra cost can be added after the sale.

You can report them using the report seller link.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, dtexley3. I know this from experience, but do you have a link I can send the seller? My quick look isn’t finding this rule. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I would stop communicating with the seller. I would pay the $10.60 that the listing states and if the seller doesn't ship it file a INR when you are allowed to. 

Then it is negative review time.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Exactly the approach I would take also. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply