cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning USPS Scan Form at Self-Serve Kiosk

Is there a way to scan the USPS Scan Form at the self-serve kiosk? The PO I use is busy and being an avid user of the scan form, I would like to continue this convenience with the kiosk if possible.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Scanning USPS Scan Form at Self-Serve Kiosk

No because the insurance is not in force until they have the package in their hands.  A person could scan a package and not drop it in and later file an insurance claim it was lost.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I know that's wrong because there is an option to scan pre-paid labels. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Unless something changed in the last 18 mos, to my knowledge you'll get an invalid barcode error if you try to scan a SCAN form at the SSK.

Scanning an individual prepaid label counts as an acceptance scan for your eBay on-time shipping. It does not count as an acceptance scan with USPS for insurance claims - not until the package gets a later scan from a USPS facility.

SSK displays a full screen disclaimer which says, “Articles must be placed in the bin and processed by USPS in order to receive a true acceptance scan. This scan does not constitute a service or delivery guarantee.”

Same thing if the counter clerk or your mail carrier scans the SCAN form. It counts as an acceptance scan for your eBay on-time shipping. SCAN form scan on its own does not count as a package acceptance scan with USPS for insurance claims.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply