cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIPPING IS TAKING A WEEK TO 10 DAYS TO BE DELIVERED WITH ALL CARRIERS

I have not had any complaints from buyers as of yet regarding slow shipping. I have looked back at the date of my sales and how long it has been taking for the items to get to customers. I ship same day or early the next morning on business days and any sales before 3:00p.m. on Saturday.  Shipping is taking a week to 10 days to be delivered and it doesn't matter which service I use USPS-75%, Fedex-15%, and UPS-10%. 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: SHIPPING IS TAKING A WEEK TO 10 DAYS TO BE DELIVERED WITH ALL CARRIERS

D8E50553-01E0-4A06-B7B6-AD60F71D9A08.jpeg3A64575A-0761-4CBC-ADF6-5DE2AFAA587E.jpegB7D4E363-71DA-40C1-A9A3-17C0C50C1552.jpegD87BCC32-2255-4CFE-8AE1-2E1A35F5B3FE.jpeg

This is just a few of the many packages I have had delayed from the past 2 weeks.  We have become accustomed to the wait time due to Covid and may not immediately be contacted regarding shipping delays.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

This is what I have noticed too!  half of my packages are being delivered normally and half are taking a week or more!  

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

This is what I have noticed too!  half of my packages are being delivered normally and half are taking a week or more!  shipping.JPGdelivery 2.JPGdelivery 3.JPG

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Today is the 16th (so 8 days after accepted) and they aren't even showing out for delivery yet - this is just an example of my packages that are taking over a week lately.  The USPS indicated shipping will take longer (when they mentioned the last price increase)  so I expect this will not  change any time soon.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

I purchased a widget from a mile from my house. The item was scanned in on the 10th and the information still states awaiting package.

Here is the tracking:

97DBEA48-33AB-4252-9B6A-02880977B82E.jpeg

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I hope eBay is listening, so they can adjust the estimated shipping time. Priority mail is not guaranteed to be within 4 days for delivery.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

50 years ago I don't know about it. But I have been delivering mail since 2000.  Some pretty drastic things have happened since then. 

Congress decided that USPS should fully fund the pension plan for 75 years. This was an annual payment of 5.5 billion.  By the way the Republican led Congress promptly "borrowed" this money. 

To make up for this huge expense USPS was forced to make drastic cuts which meant closing down a lot of the sorting centers including the one that serves my Post Office. 

Fast forward as we struggled with this Congress enacted a hiring freeze.  This affected me personally as the carrier I was subbing for retired so that put me working his route at the same part-time pay and without ANY benefits.  In fact even in my small 7 route office, we had 3 retire during this time which completely use up all the subs and we couldn't hire more. This led to borrowing subs from other offices cross-training them on our routes. As it stands today this is the norm. We no longer have a sub for each route. Our sub with the most time in now is trained on 19 routes.  When I broke down Saturday (brakes went out), there wasn't ANYONE anywhere that could take the last 2 hours of the route. It ended up that the Postmaster (on his day off) and his wife came and got the mail so I could be towed. His wife drove and he stuffed the boxes. 

Then we hit 2016 and DeJoy whos continued goal was to #1 interfere with the 2020 election and #2 line his pockets. His company has trucking contracts with USPS and has VASTLY increased paychecks without doing any more work. Of course it is difficult to oust him as someone ( with a orange hue) packed the Board of Governors (they oversee USPS) with his yes men.  

This brings us to the pandemic. Yes we are essential workers and as such we on the whole have been hit hard by covid. We also were not in line for early vaccination.  On top of that with everyone home they discovered the joy of subscription services on Amazon (I'm rural no Amazon vans in my delivery area). So pre-pandemic I normally had 40-50 packages only a dozen or so  too large for the mailbox daily. Now more often than not I have to leave notices for a few each day because I can't fit them all in the Jeep. Heck I have delivered over a dozen mattresses, 2 fridges, a drill press, and a 69.2# bounce house besides tons of dog food cat litter and cases upon cases of diapers TP Papet towels and energy drinks (I have a guy that gets 2 cases of Monster a week). Oh and by the way routes are evaluated and they haven't been evaluated in this whole pandemic. So even though I show up at 6:30 am and am rarely back to the office before 4:30 I still get paid the evaluated time of 7:30 to 3:30.

There is more but it's 5:12 and I need to be out the door at 5:30, I have a long commute on top of this.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@lja440 wrote:

(I have a guy that gets 2 cases of Monster a week).

... how is this man still alive???

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

I'm in Southern California too. The shipping time is variable dependent of where it's going.  The postal service did say that First Class parcels would take longer.  But I've seen delays with Priority Mail as well.  Fedex is worse especially SmartPost which I no longer use. The mail delays have been ongoing for the past two years.    Since we don't have control over the length of time for delivery I just try to forewarn and minimize the expectations of my buyers.  Therefore, when printing my shipping labels  I use the option to add a message to the dispatch confirmation email that's sent to the buyer.   " Thank you for your purchase.  Please be aware that USPS continues to experience delivery delays due to an unusually large volume in package shipping and requests your patience.  Please contact me for any questions or concerns.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

"So even though I show up at 6:30 am and am rarely back to the office before 4:30 I still get paid the evaluated time of 7:30 to 3:30."

You should really talk to someone about your pay /:

Leave It To Me
Message 25 of 34
latest reply

I used smartpost a few times, but it was more expensive and slower than USPS Parcel Select. I am now using more USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelopes or Boxes for small heavier items and UPS Ground or Fedex Home Delivery for larger items. Ebay has extended the estimated time for delivery, so that will give potential buyers a better estimation.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Yes but I don't know how. You would think that either his stomach would rot out or the top of his head will blow off.  It's all the same flavor, Ultra Sunrise. This has 140 mgs of caffine, which is about equal to what is in a cup of coffee (125-175mgs). And I used to drink 5 to 6 cups of coffee a day. Switched to tea after I had Covid, for some odd reason coffee tasted really bad for a while after and I am just now starting to drink it occasionally again. 

I am fully vaccinated, I took my mother-in-law to urgent care after she fell and complained that her elbow hurt the next day. My Brother in law took her for her infusion the day before for her colitis. Unknown to us she had another family member and her husband, visit for around an hour the day before. Mom said later that both had colds and were coughing a lot. Note that both of them and my MIL were anti-vaxers. And the couple work driving Amish, a group that rarely vaccinates. They had also visited her mother earlier that day. They survived covid (and yes it wasn't a cold it was covid) both my MIL and her Mom passed from covid within the week. I tested positive but only lost my sense of smell and taste for a week or so. My Brother In Law had it a bit worse though he is also fully vaccinated (but he has an autoimmune condition) he also had some joint pain and a bad headache for a few days but is fine now. Sorry about the off-topic spin, still rather raw about the issue. 

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Sent a  USPS First Class Package on Monday dropped of at 10 AM  2.14. & it was delivered on  2.17  Shipped from  lil ole Covington ( pop 117K), GA 45 miles east of Atlanta to lil ole Wilson, NC  ( pop 49K)- 40 miles east of Raleigh.

No issue here

Maybe weather delay issues - the mid west  has been hammered with back to back  winter storms and the NE has had it share of issues too.  

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Due to all these problems and our top rated seller status and promise of quick shipping which we all know Ebay wants we switched to Fed Ex Express and we have no problems getting things to customers just about as fast as AMAZON but we are paying A LOT TO ACCOMPLISH THIS AND OUR PRICES HAVE HAD TO INCREASE to compensate. Fed Ex hiked their prices a lot this year so the story goes.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Buyers need to understand that they cannot get items as fast as Amazon unless they pay for it.  On Amazon Prime shipping is not free. You pay for this privilege monthly. Ebay needs to consider something like this to help sellers with the costs.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply