cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns after refund

i’m just wondering if i have to return an item after i get a refund?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Returns after refund

Has the seller asked for it back? 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That depends. Some sellers refund and not require you to send it back because the cost of the return label might not be worth it. Cheaper for them to refund and let you keep it.

In other cases the seller meant to refund when it's returned but they hit refund because they intend to refund but they don't realize it refunds immediately. 

And some sellers don't agree to the refund so they ask eBay to decide but they don't realize when eBay has to decide then the buyer might end up with the refund and they're told they do not have to return it.

If eBay has told you that you don't have to return it you can keep it.

If the seller provides a return label you should send it back because it's not right to get the item and your money back (unless it was destroyed).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

In some cases sellers just refund and don't want to pay it's return. In those cases you can keep it. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If the seller said you can keep it than do so. If the seller asked for it back it would be mail fraud to not send it back after being refunded.

Many sellers will just tell you to keep it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Everything depends on the return scenario. However, you should first confirm with the seller. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply