cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive I have been scammed, seller provided fake tracking # as well

Hello all, as stated in the title I’m 99.9% positive I have been scammed and it is legitimately stressing me out to the max. Saturday I bought a 3060 graphics card from a seller on here against my better judgment for 800 dollars. I was hesitant to buy it at first because the user had 0 feedback reviews but out of good faith I did it believing they were probably just a new user who bought multiple cards (because of the graphics card scarcity right now) to resell at a higher value on ebay. Well Monday (rolls around and the seller emailed me with my tracking information (the seller is from GA and had the card on hand but it shipped from PA which was already a little strange to me). Wednesday rolls around and I get a notification from UPS stating that my package had been delivered yet I didn’t receive anything. I called UPS toll free customer service and they could not tell me where or who the package was sent to because of policy but that the address I had listed on eBay was not the address the seller had put on the label. They also informed me that I needed to file a claim with them (which I did) and that I needed to contact the seller (which I did as well). After I got off the phone with UPS toll free I managed to find the local UPS station phone number and called them. The representative I spoke with informed me that the address on the shipping label was not my address as well but that it was in the same city. I was given the address the item was shipped to but was not given a phone number to contact said person (which is understandable due to privacy reasons) and the address isn’t 10 minutes from me. Once again not satisfied with that outcome I phone UPS toll free number again last night trying to figure out what the heck is going on and this time they informed me as well that the name on the package was not my name as well and that it was a different item. So basically I’m sure I’ve been provided with a fake tracking number and I’m afraid because I got a tracking number through eBay and it was confirmed to be delivered I will not get my money back. I spoke with a ebay customer service agent last night through live chat explaining to them the situation and they assured me that I would get my money back and that a claim had been opened up on their end. I’ve seen quite a few stories on here where the scamming seller ends up coming out the winner and that the buyer was not refunded or had to go through a super extensive back breaking process just to get their money back. Is there anything I can do to get my money back if eBay rules in their favor? Also, I did not use PayPal. I used my debit card and the funds have already been taken from my bank account and has been added to the sellers PayPal. 

Thanks in advanced

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just wanted to let everybody know that I did manage to get this problem resolved! I saw on another forum where somebody advised to contact eBay through Facebook or Twitter because they have representatives that run those pages (I did through Facebook) and spoke with a rep. by the name of Carl. I explained to him what was going on and showed him proof of the delivery status, tracking # etc and informed him of my conversations with UPS and of the other buyers having problems with this seller. He got it all sorted out with me getting a full refund and the sellers account being deleted/deactivated! Thanks all for your advice and I hope what worked for me works for others as well in the future if they find themselves in the predicament I was in.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Also, the seller had 4 graphics cards up for sell and all had been bought in an hour. Last night when I checked the sellers profile one of the buyers from Saturday (who bought a card) left a negative review on the sellers profile stating “seller provided invalid tracking #. Item not received and a paypal and eBay claim has been opened”. So it’s extremely obvious the seller is a scammer now

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

When you have doubts you have no doubts.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

...contact your bank to file a dispute...

...call back UPS to request the transcripts of all your previously phone records as your evidence...use that for eBay claim and bank dispute claim...

...this is another thought...I don't know if you are allowed or not  (just in case your eBay's claim went south)...if you can file "Item Not As Described" case instead, but first you have to drop the "Item Not Received" case...this is something I would love to see all the experts in this Community forum respond...and thanks to all for that...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@chrispapacox wrote:

I used my debit card and the funds have already been taken from my bank account and has been added to the sellers PayPal. 

Thanks in advanced

If you go straight to your debit card @chrispapacox you lose any chance of a refund from eBay, or if that fails, getting a refund from PayPal. You need to work eBay, then PayPal, then bank in that order.

Despite the assurances, your Item Not Received refund request at eBay will fail since tracking shows Delivered. But if UPS didn't get/wasn't paid for a signature, as $800 is over $750, you will win.

Otherwise, when you/eBay close the INR case, start a return request for Missing parts or pieces. See here for why you can file a return request when you have nothing to return.

4t3258ufg8uhfdu8gufd9gfd9gu9sf9sfdbsufz8uugbsd.jpg

Then contact eBay here after 3 business days with a private message to point out that the weight and dimensions on the UPS tracking details don't match your item to get your refund.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Just wanted to let everybody know that I did manage to get this problem resolved! I saw on another forum where somebody advised to contact eBay through Facebook or Twitter because they have representatives that run those pages (I did through Facebook) and spoke with a rep. by the name of Carl. I explained to him what was going on and showed him proof of the delivery status, tracking # etc and informed him of my conversations with UPS and of the other buyers having problems with this seller. He got it all sorted out with me getting a full refund and the sellers account being deleted/deactivated! Thanks all for your advice and I hope what worked for me works for others as well in the future if they find themselves in the predicament I was in.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Love this!  It’s so true. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply