cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcels Stuck at ERLANGER, KY 41025 Global Shipping Centre

I've been seeing certain threads regarding Parcels being stuck on ERLANGER, KY thru eBay's Global Shipping Program so I'm creating a separate thread regarding my experience (I'll try to be as detailed as possible):

1st Parcel (Order Number 01-08349-23161):

This parcel was supposed to be delivered here in Singapore ETA last March 31, 2022. It's already April 26, 2022 and I still haven't received it yet. So;

1. I reached out to the seller telling him that I haven't received the parcel yet and asked if he can be of any assistance or at least any visibility as to what happened to the package. And per his response, it's as if his visibility is just same as mine as he just sent a screenshot showing eBay's package tracker.
  2. Went to USPS and searched using the parcel's tracking number 9400108205499277791431 and their website says: 
    March 11, 2022, 2:20 pm
    Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery
    ERLANGER, KY 41018 
    Your item has been delivered to an agent for final delivery in ERLANGER, KY 41018 on March 11, 2022 at 2:20 pm.
  3. eBay's tracker on the other hand says: mgnpunzalan_0-1650980728841.png

4. I then tried looking it up from Aramex's website using the tracking number provided and the last status was: mgnpunzalan_1-1650980728998.png

5.  I called Aramex asking them what does the latest status meant and why was it stuck there for so long without any progress. And they told me that what that indicates is that they've only received and scanned the documents but THE PHYSICAL PARCEL IS NOT YET WITH THEM and is yet to be sent by the previous handler (which in this case is USPS - or at least the last location stated was ERLANGER, KY 41025). I've sent them an email to at least have it in writing and this is what Aramex had to say: mgnpunzalan_2-1650980728906.png

6. I then asked for eBay's assistance and step-in to hopefully have my parcel located. I'm not after any refund or returns. I just want my parcel to be found and delivered because for me, that's one that I've been meaning to have as a collection. But they said that they can't help me open a case because as they've said, "technically since I'm in Singapore, every purchase I make is made through SG even though I'm logged in on .com and not on .com.sg"
  7. I then called my payment provider and they told me that they can file a reversal on my behalf but the investigation might take up to 5 days for something that's worth US $30.77 

I don't even want to refund it nor to return the item as I'm looking forward to owning one since I was a kid for collection purposes but now I'm lost and doesn't know who to contact further, leaving me in a dead-end. Which I'm not sure where or if I'd still ever receive it.

2nd Parcel (Order Number 18-08469-87329):

I know this second concern is somewhat too early to tell as the ETA is on the 29th of April 2022 - still less than a week away but what keeps me worrying is that it shows the same pattern as the firs parcel. This one's stuck and isn't progressing since:

mgnpunzalan_3-1650980729057.png

As a collector, cost is one thing but the excitement of finally owning something that you never had when you were a kid is another. And this experience is just frustrating.😓 

If there's anyone who've experienced the same or at least has any knowledge that can be shared, to hopefully address this please feel free to respond or write a comment. Thanks in advance!

Apologies for the lengthy note. I just ran out of hope for my first parcel but I'm still hoping that they'll go through. 🙏

Should there be any updates, I'll let you know. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

UPDATE: My third package (Order Number: 21-08464-20437) is also showing the same behaviour. The last update was: 

• Apr 13, 2022
  • 7:14pm
  • Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination
  • Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501
  • ETA April 29, 2022. Today's April 26, 2022

Overall, I've got 3 packages with no update being stuck at ERLANGER, KY 41025 Global Shipping Centre having at least 2 weeks with no movement/update. 

How can I track my packages and retrieve them? Is it even possible to have the shipped here in Singapore? Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Have you tried customer support through eBay's Facebook page eBay for business? Direct messaging there has been reported to get better service.

Personally, I never ship my international products via the GSP program. Try to use sellers that use USPS.

On these boards there is a community chat every Wednesday at 1pm PST with eBay reps. You could bring issue there as well

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hello @glasser, thanks for responding. Yes I did, both on Twitter and on Facebook and that's the response I got from them saying:
"I am unable to open an Item Not Received case because you purchased this item on the Singapore site, and you will need to open a case with PayPal instead, and or your credit card or bank. I assure you, though, that PayPal will have the same resolution because the tracking has not updated in over 7 days.  Please note going forward, in order for you to be covered on eBay, you have to purchase on the eBay.com site instead of the Singapore site."

And from there it just went circling back to the entire cycle from eBay customer Help, to USPS, to Aramex, to the seller and back to eBay Customer Help. 😥

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

RE:  @mgn.punzalan 

"Is it only GSP orders that you have delivery problems with - or does the same occur with direct US to Singapore orders?"

Hello @ferncliff-39, appreciate you sticking up with me on this. Transferring the conversation here in the thread under Shipping per your previous suggestion. 

Yes, other parcels came in in fact some of which arrived just under 3 weeks from US to Singapore. Some parcels also underwent GSP and came - It's just that these 3 items that went to GSP that are being stuck at ERLANGER, KY 41025 Global Shipping Centre didn't or at least, haven't yet.

• 1st Parcel (Order Number 01-08349-23161): ETA March 31, 2022
  • 2nd Parcel (Order Number 18-08469-87329): ETA April 28, 2022
  • 3rd Parcel (Order Number: 21-08464-20437): ETA April 29, 2022
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

The problem appears to be that your country is experiencing significant delays due to Covid as Aramex confirmed. Most likely, the packages are waiting to clear customs @mgn.punzalan.

As eBay CS told you, purchasing from the eBay.com.sg site means you are not covered by eBay's Buyer Protection, and eBay won't be held responsible if you file a claim with PayPal. (read the policy - section 11)

Many people would say that you should accept any potential losses as a lesson learned because filing a dispute with your credit card is not fair to the seller. I would be one of those people.

If you had purchased on eBay.com and the Money Back Guarantee was in effect, the GSP would cover the refund. Going forward, I suggest you purchase on eBay.com so both you and the seller will be protected by eBay's MBG for non-receipt claims on GSP shipments.

Since there are shipping delays, give the packages as much time as you can. Hopefully they will show up eventually.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hello @wastingtime101, thanks for responding. Although, a couple of interesting points here:

Actually, per Aramex's confirmation both on call and email, they said that:

• On call: The actual physical parcel is still not with them. Having the status of shipment x-ray scanned meant that what they receive is just the shipping details and documentations and that they've input it in their system but not the actual parcel itself. If they do, the Status will then automatically change from "processing" to "in-Transit".
  • From Their email (attached screenshot): Per checking, the parcel is still in the country of origin (US), and is waiting for a flight. Please do take note however that the parcel's ETA was due last March 31, 2022 and today is April 27. 

That's correct. But, I'm pretty sure I'm logged-in into eBay.com and not on .sg because .sg has different item listings - seems as if it's only showing the closest within my proximity/country, a different UI and transaction flow, and the address itself states that I'm on .com and not on .sg. For sure if I were o be asked, I'd rather purchase items located closer to my location. At least shipping would be lower but no, I went to eBay US because it's where the items I'm looking for are available. 

For your clause: "Many people would say that you should accept any potential losses as a lesson learned because filing a dispute with your credit card is not fair to the seller. I would be one of those people."

I think it wouldn't also be fair for the buyers paying for the items that they didn't receive correct? I'm not saying who's right or wrong on this particular statement. At least for me, like what I mentioned I actually don't want a refund nor a return - or at least, as the last option. I'm purchasing this item because this is one of those collectibles that I never had the opportunity of owning one as a kid therefore, It would be highly appreciated if eBay can help/assist in finding my parcel and have it delivered. 

And lastly, yes. I've purchased almost 30 items in eBay US and almost all of them came in. Some were even less than 3 weeks. Only those 3 Parcels where unfortunately, one of which is the most important of all the purchases I made, didn't went through. And all of those 3 parcels shows that the last stop they've been is at ERLANGER, KY 41025 Global Shipping Centre. And this is where at least, at least eBay can step-in to assist and provide some visibility. 

Sure there are delays in shipping, we've been on it for the past 2+ years but with the company as huge as eBay having as much resources to accommodate global shipping? I'm sure they can do better than not posting at least an update for 2 months. 

Again, thank you @wastingtime101 for your inputs. Yeah, hopefully they'll get delivered. been looking forward to having one for more or less 15 years now. I really hope it'll get delivered.. 🙏 😞

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Please keep in mind that there could be limited cargo space going to Singapore & there could be major delays or closures created by pandemic air hub problems in your area. Hence, GSP probably can't secure cargo space going into Singapore. My customers from Australia & New Zealand are also having major delays with shipments going via GSP & with other carriers. I have seen some delays also for shipments going to Thailand, Indonesia, & Malaysia. Your orders are probably still sitting in Kentucky. Unfortunately, the logistics backlog is real & you will have to wait patiently. The same is true with international parcels coming into the USA. Big time delays around the world!!!

Hang in there!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for providing your inputs @714ricki, appreciate it! 

You're absolutely right! I also noticed that. Actually I've noticed that - mainly on those parcels that lands on ERLANGER, KY via eBays Global Shipping Centre. For other parcels that went though other sorting facilities or didn't even went through eBays GSP came in just fine. In fact I just received 2 more parcels this week that came a week earlier than their ETA.

And this is what my main concern is all about. Sure there will be delays here and there but  I hope eBay can at least provide some updates as to where my parcels are because until now, there's none. 

Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 11.49.58 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-04-30 at 11.53.51 PM.png

I Really hope that these 2, at least these 2 gets delivered. 😔

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Had a similar issue - Same KY, Global Shipping Center needs to have re-vamp of personal.

Spoke to ebay and they wanted seller to connect and sort while I am 100% sure its not sellers problem.

Anyway I will ask for a refund and if not completed, will make sure ebay is legally challenged. 

Ebay seriously should look at customer complaints - not put the blame on the seller.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi 

Have you got any solution,right now?

Received your parcel ?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I live in the United States, ordered what I was positive as the pictures showed a authentic LV I paid $628, like yours mine ended up at the Erlanger, Ky stop which is actually us borders and customs. My seller had me do all the contacting and I actually received a letter from us borders and customs in Erlanger KY stating my item was officially seized, and I had two options, one was to pretty much let it go and they would be destroying in or two if i received a written permission from the rights owner (Louis Vuitton) stating they would release this bag to me. Which obviously they already knew of course I was going to have to let it go. On the good side though I did get every penny back from eBay and I did show them that they should be aware of what happened to me because this was almost 2 months later I got my money back and once I confronted my seller they stopped responding to me. Hirakoba0307. This was my experience and I’ve purchased from Japan before but I don’t think I’ll be chancing it any longer. Good luck!!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply