cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel lost by courier, ebay restricted my selling privilege due to claim case

Hi, a buyer bought multiple items at the same time and I posted it via one parcel with tracking number provided to the buyer. The tracking number showed no update (for more than 1 month) after it arrived at the destination inward office of exchange. I contacted the destination post office and got no response from them. Whether it has been lost or not is unknown to me.

The buyer, opened multiple claim cases against me (since he bought several items at the same time). Since the parcel is possibly lost in transit by the courier and therefore i could not provide Ebay the proof of successful delivery, Ebay ruled the case and the buyer won. I refunded the buyer eventually. The claim cases were then closed.

Ebay said, my selling account, due to these claim cases (although from one single buyer in the same time frame) had caused some defects and restricted my selling privileges. I now can no longer create new listings or revise my existing one.

May I seek your advice how to get my account restored? 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@jomotoi352 

Looks like you had a sale as recently as April 7th. Was that order shipped out? What is the status of that order?

These defects from the item not received cases will fall off your seller account record after 1 year. 

We don't know exactly how the restriction process works in your country as we are mostly North American sellers and buyers here on the ebay.com forum.

If you care to cut and paste the exact communication eBay sent you, less any personal information,  someone may be able to shed more light on your situation.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hi thanks for your reply. I listed the items under dispute in february. I posted them in mid february. Buyer opened the claim cases in late March. Ebay ruled the cases in flavor of the buyer in early April. Cases closed without seller resolution.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Ebays message to me as follows:-

@lakefor94

We restricted your account because we noticed activity that we believe is a risk to our community.

Restriction reason: High risk selling. This restriction means the following: - Your selling privileges are restricted. You won??t be able to create new listings or revise any listings that are live on our site. - Your payouts have been placed on hold.
The safety of our community is a top priority for us. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Regards,
eBay

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Sorry to hear that. "Risk to the community" is a bad label to go with a restriction.  

If it were me, I would attempt to sell elsewhere. Perhaps the restriction "might" be lifted after the defects fall off in a year. No one here knows for sure though others might be along to share thoughts and information. 

That communication from eBay sounds like it might be the end of the account's selling days. Sorry I don't have better news.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The problem is, the buyer bought 4 items in one purchase and opened 4 separate claim cases for non receipt of items. Ebay ruled the cases and counted me 4 defects. I mean, It is due to parcel loss by courier which i should not be put at fault.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

The bottom line is the buyer did not receive the items from the courier you chose and purchased shipping from.

The seller is ALWAYS responsible for the delivery. You must have courier tracking that shows delivery to the buyer.

If not, it results in a bad buyer experience and eBay has been rolling out initiatives to eleviate these problems.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The problem is the buyer didn't receive their items.

You couldn't provide tracking that showed the items were delivered and you didn't refund the buyer.

When Ebay has to step in and handle the case, it never turns out good for the seller.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@jomotoi352 wrote: .... Ebay ruled the cases and counted me 4 defects. I mean, It is due to parcel loss by courier which i should not be put at fault.

You don't seem to have learned the key lesson here:  As the seller, you ARE  responsible for getting the item into the buyer's hands.  

If the courier fails to deliver, then the seller is responsible for making the buyer whole.  You refused to do so, which earned those 4 defects.  Take some time to read through the seller performance evaluation policy page.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thank you all for your valuable advice. I have read through seller performance requirements now. How can I possibly get those defects removed and restore my account? Is there any strategy to do so?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

The defects fall off in 1 years time. When they do fall off,  there is no guarantee that eBay will reinstate selling privledge. 

Posting ID
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Is “case closed” same as “case closed without seller resolution”? If not the same, may be if i try my best to prove to ebay that the i tried to help the seller, to see if they are willing to give it an appeal to change the “case closed” status. To my understanding, “case closed” may not give a “defect”. Am i right?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

"Case closed without seller resolution" is always a Seller Account Defect. "Case closed" is not. 

Pay attention to Seller Metrics as well. EVERY case opened for Item Not Received or any type of Item is Not as Described return counts against Seller Metrics. 

Does NOT matter how it was closed or even opened by mistake, it counts every time, regardless and eBay will NOT remove them.

Seller Account Defects and Seller Metrics are 2 different animals. 

Posting ID
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Hi all, I would like to update some news regarding my case.

I just discovered something about this French buyer that he had problems of refusing to receive parcels due to additional import tax requested to collect from him by Customs.

He even left negative comments on sellers, bad mouthing them about the high VAT of the items he bought. (The reason one is from my another friend)

back to my case, that i sold him items totaling more than 200 usd, which might require additional import tax on top of the VAT that he already paid through ebay.

The tracking details of my parcel is quoted below: (last seen in French customs)

Dimanche 18 février à 2h59 (Heure France métropolitaine)

Les formalités d’importation de votre envoi sont suspendues en raison d'une facture manquante. Nos services peuvent être amenés à vous contacter.

Dimanche 18 février à 1h50 (Heure France métropolitaine)

Votre envoi est en transit sur nos plateformes logistiques.

Samedi 17 février à 22h57 (Heure France métropolitaine)

Les formalités d’importation sont en cours sur votre envoi.

what if he refused to pay additional tax when the authority called him to pay tax and collect the parcel? How can i collect evidence in order to show Ebay?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

“case closed” same as “case closed without seller resolution"?

---------------------------------------------------------

eBay has rolled out different "seller standards" for some countries that is different than the "standards" for sellers here in the US.

It is a "bad buyer experience"  standard       ......................  that is strict.

Just having issues of "item not received" can cause account restrictions...........................

Message 15 of 15
latest reply