cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package stuck in Glendale Heights, IL 60139, I need someone to explain me

Okay, I posted this in the Spanish side but I am guessing this forum is way more alive and I could have an answer from someone who had previous experience, because, well, customer service just tell me to wait until the last day for delivery... 

I have a package (small one, it is just a barbie doll) suck in the Glendale Heights hub since the 11. We are at 18 and it is still there undergoing inspection apparently, that or the tracking is outdated. I don't know. 

The thing is that I only have USPS tracking that ended in Glendale as delivered with an individual, I don't have a new one yet to continue the tracking.

Is this still normal? Should I worry or accept that will never arrive after one week suck there?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @erielvifrey . It's normal. A lot of sellers and buyers have reported back ups at the EIS hub and packages sitting for a couple weeks before moving. They did recently open up a second EIS hub so hopefully that will help things move more quickly going forward.

You were provided an estimated delivery date when you made the purchase. If the item hasn't arrived by that date you'll have a 30 day window to file a non-receipt claim. Chances are you'll see tracking movement from the hub long before that date. As long as whatever your purchased is eligible to be forwarded, your package should eventually make its way to you.

I don't think you'll need to file a claim, but if you do here's the process:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

That address is eBay's hub for freight forwarding to an international destination.

If there is tracking showing that it's arrived there, you should be fine.  

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I know that, the issue I have is that it's been there for already a week, I am just asking if it is still falling into the normal thing or if I should worry about it.

Between that, the message of undergoing inspection also at the same time (with the package still on eBay's hub) and not having yet a new tracking to follow.

I don't know if it is me just having too much fear mixed with being August and everything being slower than usually should. 

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

You have proof through tracking that the package has arrived at its destination.

That's basically all you need.  

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Well, still needs to arrive to Spain. To half the way it is more accurate.
I shouldn't be looking that much to the tracking I guess 😣

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Maybe I am not being clear enough about this, but I don't know how to state it any more clearly.

The package has, per tracking, arrived at its destination.  YOU, as the seller, have nothing further to worry about.  It's the exact same thing as if I, in Ohio, had made a purchase from you and there is viewable tracking showing that it has arrived at the delivery address I gave when I paid.  

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

If it matters at all...I sent a parcel that showed no movement for almost 11 days once it got there (Glendale)....Shipped August 1....arrived at Hub August 4 (destination: France)

The next movement was in customs (16th) then delivered in a day after that.

All along the 'estimated' Delivery Date on the tracking page was August 28, so, even though it sat forever, it met it's obligation....

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Thank you, it actually gives me hope, probably there's a bottleneck due to being August while processing. I guess I will just not look to the tracking until 1 or 2 weeks more and let it be.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Not quite the same, but close, I have shipments coming to the US from overseas all of the time. More often than not, they will sit at ISC NewYork, Chicago or San Fran for a week, sometimes two before  being processed and delivered. 

International shipping  hubs of ALL carriers are normally very, VERY busy, but sometimes get overwhelmed further by weather delays or transportation shortages. Your situation is normal.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Hard to understand your deep concern.  Again, once tracking shows it to have arrived at that address, the seller's responsibility is ended.  If it is not received by the buyer, that's between him and the EIS.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

We have had multiple international packages since ebay started this be stuck there. We've been seeing 2-3 weeks minimum to ship an item after arriving at the hub. 

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Hey @erielvifrey . It's normal. A lot of sellers and buyers have reported back ups at the EIS hub and packages sitting for a couple weeks before moving. They did recently open up a second EIS hub so hopefully that will help things move more quickly going forward.

You were provided an estimated delivery date when you made the purchase. If the item hasn't arrived by that date you'll have a 30 day window to file a non-receipt claim. Chances are you'll see tracking movement from the hub long before that date. As long as whatever your purchased is eligible to be forwarded, your package should eventually make its way to you.

I don't think you'll need to file a claim, but if you do here's the process:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

That is pretty much standard operating procedure at the EIS hub. I have had packages that have sat there for 2 weeks being processed before finally being sent on to the International destination.

Once the package has been processed by the consolidation center a new tracking number starting with EEUS will be issued and then the package will be sent on it's way to Spain.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

You seem to know a lot of cool stuff.

Here's my question. Considering how long an item is taking to gets to its destination which it will eventually get there. If the buyer feels it took too long and leaves negative feedback on that issue does eBay removes the negative feedback or is the seller stuck with it. I am a little concerned considering about the winters in that hub which is near Chicago and about delays this winter.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

with EIS sellers do not get negative feedback once eBay takes over on the sale.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply