cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay International Shipping (GSP Replacement) question.

It appears the eBay tracking does not clearly state when a shipped package is received by the eBay international processor.

On the shipments I have checked the last USPS notice for the USPS Tracking number is:

Moving Through Network

In Transit, Arriving Late

USPS packages sent to the eBay Processing Center never get a delivered confirmation.

Through eBay tracking, eventually international tracking numbers are shown, and other status messages are seen until the package gets a "Delivered" status.

eBay sellers are responsible for delivery until the USPS delivers the package to the processing center. Afterwards, the processing center is responsible for delivery/losses/damage.

Why does USPS tracking terminate with "In Transit, Arriving Late"

Why isn't a clear "Delivered (to eBay processor) or "Received" seen?

I see other status messages (through eBay tracking) that are not seen through USPS so I can assume it has been received by the processing center. 

What happens when a package has been delivered by USPS but lost by the eBay processor before tracking shows start of processing (I am guessing seller will pay since USPS doesn't show delivered)?

Ascencia tracking numbers provided by eBay do not work with Ascencia tracking. Any trick to finding working Ascencia tracking?

Thanks to any sellers with answers. Wouldn't it be nice if eBay would participate in answering some questions (especially since internal processes are hidden from sellers)?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: New eBay International Shipping (GSP Replacement) question.

@simply-the-best-for-you 

Regarding the parcel in post 15 going to Canada, does it say who the carrier in Canada is?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@pjcdn2005  Nope.  That is a c/p that I posted in post 15.  

I just checked on Ship24's website as well & I don't see any carrier name there either unless, the bolded below is a carrier, which I doubt.   I guess it says Asendia USA, so maybe they are still the carrier?  IDK.  It's unclear.  I'm leaving soon, but just @ me if you have any other questions & I'll be happy to check later tonight. 

Monday, January 23, 2023 At 10:54 AM

Asendia USA

Processed through Facility

TORONTO-A TORONTO ON CANADA

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@mybigsale @pjcdn2005  

Here's the latest update on the Tracking to the Candian shipment: 

Jan 26, 2023
11:41am
Attempted Delivery - Item being held, addressee being

So, I believe if that had been a Delivery, it would have had a Delivered scan, since it got an 'attempted delivery' scan.   

Since the 2 sales I posted about here, I just got another one, this time to Norway, so a 3rd country, so I'll follow that one as well to see what happens.  Near as I can tell, different countries get different tracking updates with EIS or more specifically with Asendia. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@mybigsale  @pjcdn2005  Finally, a delivered update.   This is the pkg to Canada.  This one DID update in real time, all the way through, unlike the Japan pkg, which populated all the foreign updates after it had been delivered.  So, this one DID update every step of the way.   It was shipped 1/13 & arrived 1/31, though there was an attempted delivery a few days prior.   I will keep an eye on the Norway pkg & see what happens with that one. 

1. Jan 31, 2023
    12:00pm
    Delivered

2. Jan 26, 2023
    11:41am
    Attempted Delivery - Item being held, addressee being notified

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 19 of 19
latest reply