cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Shipping Policies Are A Nightmare

Ebay is now forcing sellers to have a shipping policy to select the shipping for each item. This is crazy, because even similar items can have a different size and weight. Ebay will not let me select my shipping by the item.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: New Shipping Policies Are A Nightmare

Yep, one of the stupid changes they did last year. I have 14 business policy's and have to make a new every once in a while.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Until you are comfortable with Shipping Policies, why don't you just "Opt-Out" for now?

https://www.ebay.com/bp/policyoptin

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You're not forced to use biz policies @connection7 @tsme35 .

Business policies help me keep my sanity. Manage and edit them (or disable them to go back to how you used to set up your listings) on this page.

bizpolicies.png

Once you set up your shipping policies and name them so you can easily identify them, you can go to your active listings and bulk edit to assign your new policies.

After the initial mess of policies that are created when you first sign up are no longer tied to active listings, you can delete them.

It takes a little time and work to set it up, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@connection7 wrote:

even similar items can have a different size and weight.

Varying size and weight do not prohibit you from using biz policies since size and weight are not part of the policy.

For example: set up a shipping policy with calculated shipping, ground advantage service.

Apply that policy to any/every listing you want to ship ground advantage with calculated shipping. Weight/dimensions are entered on the listing, not the policy @connection7 .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I accidentally opted in while searching help. I opted out. Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I didn't know I could opt out when I got switched over. I found out later we could but already spent hours setting up the policies, didn't and still don't know if I'd have to redo 2000 listings if I opt out. But now I'm set in my way, works ok for calculated shipping but flat rate shipping has to be a new policy if you change the shipping charge.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

I still don't know if I'd have to redo 2000 listings if I opt out.

Neither do I but I'd like to know

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No you would not have to re-do any listings if you opt out.

I'm pretty sure you and I have discussed before, tsme, how biz policies can save time overall. This was especially evident last year with the switch from First Class Package to Ground Advantage.

Not a big deal to create a new flat ship policy. Only takes maybe 30 sec more than changing flat ship on the listing itself. In my opinion, the minor convenience is well worth the benefits of biz policies. Big picture they are a time-saver.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

When I opted out, things went back to the way they were, except for changes I made. This might be good for big sellers. I like to handle each item individually.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I don't use calculated shipping, or policies. I pretty much always know how it will ship and for how much before I list it.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply