cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never received my shipping return costs

With the help of eBay customer service I was able to make photos of the garment and an identical garment I also have. Seller's garment was faulty.  The seller told me to put the garment back in the original package and mark it refused and return it for a refund. I followed his instructions.  Throughout this entire process eBay customer service was involved.  The Post Office required payment for the new label because the package can't be refused as the merchant told me to do.  I never received my return shipping costs.     All of this information w/merchant is recorded in messages.  After return package was shipped, seller sent me a shipping label.  (Yes you read that correctly.  AFTER package was shipped. The seller wanted me to do something that the Post Office said was wrong to do.)   I never received payment for return shipping.  I appealed with eBay.   Never heard a thing.   

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Never received my shipping return costs

When the seller is responsible for return shipping because the item is not as described, you will not be reimbursed for return shipping if you pay it yourself.

You need to read the eBay money back guarantee, the link is posted everywhere on the site, instead of asking customer service or the seller.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@ftmgolden 

If you paid to ship the item back, there's nothing you can do if the seller won't pay you back.

Your lucky the PO wouldn't take the package back as refused, if they had, you would have lost your buyer protection for refusing the package.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sorry for your troubles, but this is a comedy of errors.

1) The C/S people at eBay don't require photos.

2) The seller can't tell you to refuse a package that you took delivery on... USPS knows it's been delivered.

3) If the item was faulty, you should have waited to use the shipping label that the seller sent... the free one.

4) I think the only way you'll get return shipping is to appeal to the seller, but they're not required to issue credit.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.  Yes I learned these things too late.  The seller was seasoned.   He lied to me and I didn't know better.  The thing that upset me the most is eBay was involved in this from day one.   They knew the procedures but didn't advise me.   I was in touch with them throughout.   Then the one customer service rep said the seller blocked you.   I filed an appeal and I never heard a thing.  eBay customer service has gone downhill.  Since the Covid, we are lucky that they answer the phones.   

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.  The fact that upsets me even more than the seller lying to me, was he was sneaky about it.  He sent me a label after the fact, after the package was in transit that I returned.   And customer service didn't do their job.   They are the broker of sales.   They should have informed me of the procedures.  I didn't phone them for the fun of it.  I phoned them for help throughout the entire process.   Also the seller had the item up for sale again.   It was faulty.   eBay knew it.  I even provided photos.   So what is customer service for if not to protect buyers from frauds after evidence is provided?  A buyer gets better protection walking into a store.  A good merchant makes things right.   

Message 6 of 6
latest reply