cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to ship a truck grill. To provide 2" per side of barrier I need a box 11" X 24" X 57"

Item measures 7 X 20 X 53.

Any ideas?

Where do you buy a box like this?

I am not mass selling this item. Just 1

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Need to ship a truck grill. To provide 2" per side of barrier I need a box 11" X 24&q

If it's the grill you still have listed for sale, it's listed as "free local pickup".

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Need to ship a truck grill. To provide 2" per side of barrier I need a box 11" X 24&q

maybe a box from a storm door, just cut it down to the size you need. Try hardware store or walk around the neighborhood when people put out recycling.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Look in the trash of car repair shops and furniture stores.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I hate to say this but I can see you paying a fortune to ship this

like say $200 after UPS/fedex  gets done with you 1 week after shipping it

you coud lslo be on the hook for free return shipping due to too many stone chips

if you are a regular shipper of huge car parts that is just fine but I would not ship that in a million years

@*mitsuman* 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@*mitsuman* 

Here is the eBay page about dimensional weight. 
Packaged in the dimensions you gave, that’s going to be shipping a 90lbs+ package. That’s if there are no bulges in the box/packaging. Adding just one inch to the dimensions you gave, the package would then be ~105lbs. 

I would not ship an item as big as a grill. (I wouldn’t even list it on eBay, but that’s not relevant to this this thread)

This is what your listing says about shipping. 

Ships to: Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping).
Once a seller sets up their listing, it is in their best interest to stay within that. 
Local pickup means no shipping. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Go to a body shop or a furniture store. They often have big boxes.  Remember that this item is very big and costly. IF the buyer doesn't like it or it does not fit their truck, guess who pays the return shipping? 99% of the time it's going to be the seller because the buyer will lie to avoid paying the return shipping. 

I would list this one local pickup only.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

You are close enough to Atlanta,  stick with Local Pickup only. The item does not cost enough to bring $150 or more shipping into the equation. Adds too much risk to the transaction. 

I could make the exact box you need out of the large pieces of cardboard have and pad it but would not risk a failed transaction on that under $400 item. The shipping just cost too much and you would be on the hook for it in a INAD return case.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The OP has it listed for local pickup only, so it's hard to understand his searching for a box to ship.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Uline.  They have every size and type of box imaginable.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

The OP has it listed for local pickup only, so it's hard to understand his searching for a box to ship.

OP prolly received an inquiry about shipping the item.

Posting ID
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I am working on being able to ship it.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Be sure to factor in.... If the shipping is $200, then you will pay eBay 12.9% of that $200, in addition to 12.9% of the tax as well, which will be high too. 

Then if the buyer is unhappy with the item, you will pay another $200 to mail the item back to you.

I would only sell this item locally.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply