cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Shipping Help, Please and Thank You

Should I reimburse the Seller the difference for the shipping cost?  I won an auction the other day w/a total shipping cost posted in the listing for $10.95.  He/She just sent me a message that boils down to he/she sent the item today, however, there was an 'error' and sent a photo of the actual cost.

Now, I realize that the seller is new (did not notice prior to bidding) and I feel bad that she is out $25.67, as he/she sent a copy of the receipt of how much she paid.  If it was a few dollars more than what I listed and what I paid (up to $10/$11)  I would, but since he/she is new and not understanding that Sellers cannot ask for more than what was listed in the auction.  I had the feeling that there was not enough posted to ship from West to East Coast and I've made a few boo boo's too, but I just paid it and let it go.

What should I do?  As a new Seller myself when I started out in 2003 I learned a ton on the boards.  I want to do the right thing.  I may just curtail my buying here for a bit.  I had an INR from May, was refunded in June, and the item arrived Saturday.  I don't know if I should send it back or just repay it.  

Thanks in advance 

I just need some opinions.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's up to you.

A while back I purchased an item with a shipping amount that I knew the item could not ship for. Item was also low cost.

After I got the item my conscience caught up with me. I mailed the seller an unsolicited $5 bill.

Seller sent me a thank you message.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It's a valuable learning lesson for the seller.  If you want to send money it's your call but wait until you get that package first!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I wouldn't lose sleep over the seller losing money on shipping. That is their problem.

I recall new sellers coming on here and complaining about losing money on shipping that didn't have a scale and were guessing the shipping weights.

As far as the INR that showed up if you still want it you should contact the seller and ask them what they would like you to do. If they would like to get paid for it they can send you an invoice. Since it was so long ago they may just tell you to keep it since you were honest enough to let them know it finally arrived.

That is what I would do.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Would you have purchased the item if the shipping had originally been that much more?

If I knew that I would have bought it with a high shipping cost than I would probably reimburse the seller. If not, I might offer to split the difference with them. Either way I would wait for the package to arrive first before I paid more in shipping.  I would hate to pay the extra cost and then end up filing a snad!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply