cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a stupid mistake- did I lose my money?

Hello, Sorry if this is the wrong board I'm very new to eBay in general. 

So I made my first purchase over a week ago. Yesterday I noticed my shipping info wasn't exactly correct. I specified my Country, State, City, Zip code and home adress, but neglected to specify my street address! 

The first thing I did was contact the seller, who told me my item was already shipped.

There are multiple houses with the same home adress as me in my city. I google searched my home adress and city and my house was not in the results. Therefore I believe it's very likely the item may not arrive at my house.

So, I understand this was an error completely on my part, but is the money I spent gone?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm a mail carrier.

One of two things will happen.

1. The carriers will recognize your name and it will be delivered to you.

2. The carriers will not recognize your name and the package will be sent back marked IA (insufficient address). You will then have to correct that address and pay the S/H again so the seller can reship.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I'm a mail carrier.

One of two things will happen.

1. The carriers will recognize your name and it will be delivered to you.

2. The carriers will not recognize your name and the package will be sent back marked IA (insufficient address). You will then have to correct that address and pay the S/H again so the seller can reship.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You could go down to the local PO where delivery comes out of and notifiy the Post Master there, or put in a temporary Change of Address from what you exactly had on the package to what your actual address is

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Just file an INR when you don't get it.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Alright, not so bad! Thank you!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@morty14 wrote:

Yeah and if somehow it gets delivered somewhere the buyer is out the money.  Buyer mistake and you just want to be lazy and punish the seller?

Better to be proactive. Go talk to your post master and see if they can help you sort it out.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Contact your seller and ask if they can recall package. There is a $12 fee for recalling the package so you would need to pay your seller that fee. Keep in mind that not all recalls are successful
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@robot-hands wrote:

You could go down to the local PO where delivery comes out of and notifiy the Post Master there, or put in a temporary Change of Address from what you exactly had on the package to what your actual address is

NOT a good idea. With this being a missing part of the address this will just cause problems. The OP should NOT put in a change of address but should just give a heads up to their Postmaster that they have a package coming with a incomplete address.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

What problems?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

@morty14 wrote:

Yeah and if somehow it gets delivered somewhere the buyer is out the money.  Buyer mistake and you just want to be lazy and punish the seller?

Better to be proactive. Go talk to your post master and see if they can help you sort it out.

The buyer only loses their money when they stop pursuing the matter. Ebay will side with the seller in this incident because a delivery confirmation will be listed by the Post, Paypal may require proof of delivery using the physical address and not the area code, but the final act will be why it is always suggested that one use their personal CC when making purchases on ebay. Proof of delivery to the specified address is required when a Chargeback is filed with the Buyer's personal CC.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

COA's cause a delay of around 5 days on the average, it also forwards only Priority, First Class and Periodicals. All standard mail goes to UBBM for shredding unless it has an address service requested notification. Lower class Parcels will incur a additional postage charge.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Don't see much problem there.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply