cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Like new' when it comes to videogames

So I bought a video game that originally includes bonus rebeem codes for extra content. It was in the like new category now I know that "like new" is listed as something that looks as though it was just taken out of the shrink wrap and could pretty much pass as new but heres my question, the seller didnt state either way if the codes were included but they were in the box (codes are a one time use) and I've personally been burned selling something under the like new category over a strand of cat hair. I was just curious I'd my wanting a return and refund is justified considering I can but the brand new game with codes for the same price else where.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Like new means the everything that was included with a new game is included and it isn't shrink wrapped.

Unless they specify in the listing the codes had been used, they are expected to be unused. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@packratsjunkshack wrote:

So I bought a video game that originally includes bonus rebeem codes for extra content. It was in the like new category now I know that "like new" is listed as something that looks as though it was just taken out of the shrink wrap and could pretty much pass as new but heres my question, the seller didnt state either way if the codes were included but they were in the box (codes are a one time use) ...

For any video game, I would assume it includes all intended content ... if the codes have been used, then the item is "used", and not "like new".

That said, a lot of that additional content is not always that great, the seller may have thought the codes were fine, and/or you may not have been expecting that extra content (or really care about the extra content).  So, if any or all of that is correct, it could be a petty thing to object to the seller's description ... and sometimes the hassle really isn't worth the trouble.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

As you mentioned this was not advertised as brand new game and if  the seller didn't  state that the codes were included with the game in the listing then it's not a justifiable reason for a return.  Like new refers to condition i.e.  it's been opened and used.  "Like new" refers to condition  such as the amount of use  whether there are scratches on the game disk or cracks in the case.  You only get what was advertised,

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Like new means the everything that was included with a new game is included and it isn't shrink wrapped.

Unless they specify in the listing the codes had been used, they are expected to be unused. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Personally, I consider the term "Like New" to be equivalent to "Almost A Virgin."  An item is either NEW or it is NOT NEW.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I would not expect a download code to be included with LN.

That doesn't make any sense.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply