cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUST VENTING ABOUT PAYMENT ON HOLD

So today I had two of my orders funds on hold because the customers didn't receive their packages yet. Why is eBay holding my funds because the USPS delayed the packages a few days? Had one last week, and they got the package after 1 day of holding my funds., then I had to wait for eBay to release funds for a few days. 

There should be a time frame on when the package is late, not the date they expect it to arrive. This is getting so frustrating.  Why open a request and not just message me so the funds are not on hold. EBAY PLEASE CHANGE YOUR POLICY ON THIS MATTER.  I shipped on time so why hold my funds because the USPS is slow. 

OK...Does Anyone Want to VENT ON THIS WITH ME... 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@juiceboxjewels wrote:

Why open a request and not just message me so the funds are not on hold.

The system pushes buyers into opening an INR instead of sending a message. Buyers do not know your funds will be held.

It looks like most of your product is in the $4-10 range so hopefully the holds aren't having too much of an impact. I guess it depends how many items are in each package.

Hang in there!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I ship my items the day I receive the funds in my checking. I have had a few buyers where they are not registered eBayers and eBay emails me not to mail stuff out.

I have done USPS and have had stuff delayed by post office a few weeks lately with tracking.

Never had a hold on my funds for that. Something with tracking taking 2 weeks to go from San Francisco to Florida or North Carolina has happened to me last month. I just keep in touch with the buyers.

Could be another problem why money is on hold.

Others here will have better input than mine perhaps.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply